Duke post game

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
There is just something missing with this year's team...make way too many mistakes...missed assignments...he mentions they practiced the fake punt all week and then the punter throws it 40 yards down the field...don't get it...seems like a disconnect between the coaches and players...guess at the end of the day, that's what makes for a bad team

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Time to move on :

th
th

BaAQKABIYAAUf0J.jpg:large

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said if the punter throws it the 15 yards he was suppose to as a back shoulder throw then it would have been pass interference

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I thought i heard Coach say we have trouble scoring in a hurry with our running game. But I think he summed it up by saying that they wipped our axx

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line is that was flat out embarasssing. No excuses. No one played well. No one coached well. Very few times in my fandom that I’ve ever felt this way, but they might has well not even have made the trip.

Players didn’t show a lot of effort and coaches made zero adjustments at half time. Pretty sad to see when we need a W to get bowl eligible.

I can gripe about a lot of stuff that is unreasonable at times, but I feel like all of our fans, alumni, and former players deserve better than what was displayed today. Hopefully no one has to live through that again.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game. We were totally flat for some reason and Dook wanted it. They were quicker and more physical. Gray was our best defender today but when your safety is making solo tackles you got some problems.
My observations today.
TM is trying to make too many plays himself. He keeps rather than pitching and D coordinators now know that. We have zero intermediate passing game. It' s rare back and throw it as far as he can hoping our guy makes a play. Several throws today into a well covered receiver. They just flat out whipped our line on both sides of the ball. It was ugly to watch. We were in 3rd and long and they were 2nd and short most of the game. We cannot create turnovers for some reason. I cringe whenever we kick off. PJ and TR flat got out coached today. We have got to start passing more to compete at this level. The officiating now allows so much holding that it favors the passing game. Duke runs the perfect offense against Roof. Short quick passes against our soft coverages. They run that little jump pass on the goal line every year. Our ST play is really bad. Even Harvin struggled today. We were not a good football team today. Glad I only had to drive 10 miles to get home. That would have been a long drive back from Atlanta.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
This was probably the third worst loss in the CPJ era. Its pretty embarrassing to play that poorly and get blown out by a pretty bad team. I have no idea what to expect from the defense anymore. They played great in my opinion vs VT and then came back with an absolutely dreadful performance against one of the worst offenses in college football. Terrible day all around.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Bottom line is that was flat out embarasssing. No excuses. No one played well. No one coached well. Very few times in my fandom that I’ve ever felt this way, but they might has well not even have made the trip.

Players didn’t show a lot of effort and coaches made zero adjustments at half time. Pretty sad to see when we need a W to get bowl eligible.

I can gripe about a lot of stuff that is unreasonable at times, but I feel like all of our fans, alumni, and former players deserve better than what was displayed today. Hopefully no one has to live through that again.
My thoughts exactly too

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
The back end of this defense is terrible in zone coverage. The Duke OL is terrible at picking up stunts and blitzes.

So we decide to zone them up on ~80% of the snaps today? I knew CTR as a fellow student during my time at Tech, I tutored him on what they called math for management back in the day. I never thought that I'd have to tutor him on anything related to football, but tonight I feel like I do...

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I don' understand why LJ didn' replace TM on our possssion with about 8 mons to go. We were not going to win and no reason to chance getting TM hurt late in the game. Our backup needs some game experience and he is supposed to be a better passer. We were so far behind we had to pass anyway. Get the kid some PT. He was warming up to go in around the 2 minute mark but we couldn' stop their 3rd string QB.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Can we talk about how we actually have had a kicker on the roster with the ability to kick touchbacks, and he doesn’t get to try one until there’s 6 quarters left in the season?

Literally mind blowing, it’s not like Barton suddenly got a strong leg. He went 2/2 on kickoff touchbacks today. So odd and just seems like we aren’t optimizing the talent on our roster. Same thing with KO returns, the guys back there today looked so much more comfortable and less hesitant than Cottrell. Why now?