Duke post game

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the game. We were totally flat for some reason and Dook wanted it. They were quicker and more physical. Gray was our best defender today but when your safety is making solo tackles you got some problems.
My observations today.
TM is trying to make too many plays himself. He keeps rather than pitching and D coordinators now know that. We have zero intermediate passing game. It' s rare back and throw it as far as he can hoping our guy makes a play. Several throws today into a well covered receiver. They just flat out whipped our line on both sides of the ball. It was ugly to watch. We were in 3rd and long and they were 2nd and short most of the game. We cannot create turnovers for some reason. I cringe whenever we kick off. PJ and TR flat got out coached today. We have got to start passing more to compete at this level. The officiating now allows so much holding that it favors the passing game. Duke runs the perfect offense against Roof. Short quick passes against our soft coverages. They run that little jump pass on the goal line every year. Our ST play is really bad. Even Harvin struggled today. We were not a good football team today. Glad I only had to drive 10 miles to get home. That would have been a long drive back from Atlanta.

It was a very long drive back to atlanta... in the bright side I got to park for free

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@iceeater1969

Once again....just to reiterate...try using the @ function if you seriously want to address someone in particular.

I mean honestly....I'm not even sure who you are wanting me to take issue with lol. If I haven't addressed a particular post already, chances are I don't have much of an issue with it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
@iceeater1969

Once again....just to reiterate...try using the @ function if you seriously want to address someone in particular.

I mean honestly....I'm not even sure who you are wanting me to take issue with lol. If I haven't addressed a particular post already, chances are I don't have much of an issue with it.
Please be specific.
Do you think passing 14 of 56 in last 4 games would cause you to consider trying a different qb when we are lossing by 20?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Please be specific.
Do you think passing 14 of 56 in last 4 games would cause you to consider trying a different qb when we are lossing by 20?

Depends on how well said backup is practicing. But I can certainly understand an argument for making a change in the 4th qtr vs Puke.

TM played pretty well in the first half. Our failures on O in the 2nd weren't purely on TM. Other breakdowns were also occurring.

And to be honest no changes at QB would have won the game for us. The D was so bad the O had to be perfect every possession to even have a chance.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We gave up 500yds and 30 first downs to that Duke team. They were 7 for 7 in the red zone. Let that sink in for a second.
That was truly horrible, Duke had lost 6 IAR and they butt-stomped us, i have had it with this coach, this offense and this defense and this sorry recruiting

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Goodness, what a mess yesterday.

Last week, Army beats Duke. Yesterday, Navy almost knocks off Notre Dame AT ND.

You can not tell me the other 2 programs we get associated with because of ties to CPJ and the offense are now out recruiting us or their players are better than ours. Frustrating...

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Once again I have never seen a team look so different on the road vs at home. All teams in all sports play better at home, but our case is ridiculous. You look at the sidelines against Virginia and Duke, and you could tell in a split second which team wanted to play.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Duke has Roof figured out. They run the perfect offense against our scheme. We are about equal in recruiting ranking and academic requirements so it basically must be coming down to better coaching. It was also their senior night and they were a lot more motivated than we were. They want a chance at a bowl. There was no energy in gold last night.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Football does not follow the transitive property.
Georgia gets thumped by Auburn
Auburn loses to Clemson
Clemson s---s the bed against Syracuse
Syracuse gets boat raced by Wake
Wake gets a tail cutting from Ga Tech.

None of that means we're going to beat Georgia.
But we are.

We're talking about Army and Navy....transitive property exceptions a P5 program should never be in the same sentence with.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Depends on how well said backup is practicing. But I can certainly understand an argument for making a change in the 4th qtr vs Puke.

TM played pretty well in the first half. Our failures on O in the 2nd weren't purely on TM. Other breakdowns were also occurring.

And to be honest no changes at QB would have won the game for us. The D was so bad the O had to be perfect every possession to even have a chance.
That was God awful in the second half. Just total domination. Just have to flush it and focus on next Saturday. We still have a puncher's chance.

Go Jackets!

Totally agree.
It's imperative we punch fast and whole game.