Dorian Walker Transferring

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone not try to earn anything anymore?
If indeed he is leaving due to playing time and doesn't see it getting better next year.
Just man up! Earn time on the field. Don't expect **** to be given to you.

They are. When you have 10 players competing for 3 spots.... well not everyone cam play. That's just the way the math works out. What's wrong with them trying to earn it elsewhere? You'd love for them to stay, but heck, they are an adult that is capable of making choices about their lives. They did that before coming to Tech and will continue to do so afterwards.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
They are. When you have 10 players competing for 3 spots.... well not everyone cam play. That's just the way the math works out. What's wrong with them trying to earn it elsewhere? You'd love for them to stay, but heck, they are an adult that is capable of making choices about their lives. They did that before coming to Tech and will continue to do so afterwards.

I guess I'm being some what unrational by thinking it's an entitlement mentality.
I have just worked for all I have and it seems as though they are throwing away plenty of opportunities by not sticking wit GT.

Maybe he can find what he is looking for where ever he goes.

Good luck.

Next....

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess I'm being some what unrational by thinking it's an entitlement mentality.
I have just worked for all I have and it seems as though they are throwing away plenty of opportunities by not sticking wit GT.

Maybe he can find what he is looking for where ever he goes.

Good luck.

Next....

I have said it before. It is the entitlement mentality.
You are praised from the time you are 5 thru HS, never faced adversity and now you have to earn it. It gets hard and you just pick up and go.
Just like Blake Barnett at UA. he just knew he had the job and then when he didn't he bailed.

It's sad to think these kids are our future dads, leaders and employees.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I have said it before. It is the entitlement mentality.
You are praised from the time you are 5 thru HS, never faced adversity and now you have to earn it. It gets hard and you just pick up and go.
Just like Blake Barnett at UA. he just knew he had the job and then when he didn't he bailed.

It's sad to think these kids are our future dads, leaders and employees.

What Barnett and the RB at TN did were far worse IMHO. They literally quit midseason. At least our guy finished out the season and his efforts did not seem to wane.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It's kind of funny seeing the millennial bashing (either directly or indirectly) in the two transfer threads. Let's just ignore the 78 other scholarship athletes (minus graduates) who are sticking with our program and just label everyone in a generation as entitled. Just throw out the instant gratification card and not acknowledge those who are buried on the depth chart and still working for playing time. Marcus Allen was tossed around to like 3 different positions and never was a starter at any. Now he's getting his degree. He isn't an exception, a lot of our players are like that. Sometimes you think you're going to have a better future elsewhere. Just let people make their decisions.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
Im okay with him declaring now, especially while I'm enjoying the high of the UGA win. It always sucks to lose a bowl game and then hear about transfers.. just feels like piling on.. This way, I;m indifferent and once bowl practice begins, I won't think of either of these guys again.. but I do wish them well..