DOOK

Deleted member 2897

Cause the same book that applies to KMac applies here. And they clearly didn’t follow it. Ask @bwelbo if he can provide the situational list of when to pitch to them again for reference for any future opponents

This also applies to Radcliff:
oU3PftZ.png

Deleted member 2897

Need one of those classic CT outings. 7 innings... about 85 pitches... 0-1 run given up. And Tech scores at least 1 more than Duke... then RAIN... a 7 inning complete game win works fine.

A win today and a loss by Louisville and I will not go to sleep sober.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Few quick notes from the road.

Weather looks like we get game in. CT quickest pitcher we have.

Just win since likely won't play tomorrow.

Willingham ok? Only 67 pitches. But we were up 10-3 so makes sense to limit even though Friday game with unlikely two more games.

Hughes awful. Glad Hall / Ramsey pulled Carpenter with two leadoff walks. Sigh. Can't tell who is going to be on. Sigh.

Except English(y)
I think English could close one inning today. Didn't want up long.

Glad to see TWO errors weren't at 3rd. Sigh. We'll be ok since they were Waddell and McCann.

We need WF to win and open up room. Sweeping Pitt starting on Friday (duh) is going to be hard.

GT. Just. Win. Today.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Few quick notes from the road.

Weather looks like we get game in. CT quickest pitcher we have.

Just win since likely won't play tomorrow.

Willingham ok? Only 67 pitches. But we were up 10-3 so makes sense to limit even though Friday game with unlikely two more games.

Hughes awful. Glad Hall / Ramsey pulled Carpenter with two leadoff walks. Sigh. Can't tell who is going to be on. Sigh.

Except English(y)
I think English could close one inning today. Didn't want up long.

Glad to see TWO errors weren't at 3rd. Sigh. We'll be ok since they were Waddell and McCann.

We need WF to win and open up room. Sweeping Pitt starting on Friday (duh) is going to be hard.

GT. Just. Win. Today.
I didn't get to watch the game, but I kept up with it on statcast. It said that there was a line out to SS with an assist to the P. I assumed that the ball hit off of Willingham. He was able to finish the inning, but if it did hit off of him, it was probably best to take him out and prevent it from really swelling. Can those who watched the game confirm this?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I didn't get to watch the game, but I kept up with it on statcast. It said that there was a line out to SS with an assist to the P. I assumed that the ball hit off of Willingham. He was able to finish the inning, but if it did hit off of him, it was probably best to take him out and prevent it from really swelling. Can those who watched the game confirm this?
Sure. Hard hit liner careened off Willingham's left shoulder (specifically... upper arm...meaty part) & that resulted in an easy "popup" to Waddell. Very fortunate bounce & one of the oddest outs you'll see. He seemed just fine... no obvious wincing or "moving parts" type thing.

Willingham threw a couple balls with trainer & coaches observing & finished inning strong. No way to know if that is the why on having Hughes start next inning... but at the time it did seem like a reasonable & safe decision.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hit off his pitching shoulder pretty hard. He looked good finishing the inning. Precautionary is my guess.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
You assumed correctly. Ball hit Amos on his right shoulder, then ricocheted to SS. He was smiling like no big deal when the trainer went to the mound, but it was smart to take him out as a precaution IMO.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sure. Hard hit liner careened off Willingham's right shoulder (specifically... upper arm...meaty part) & that resulted in an easy "popup" to Waddell. Very fortunate bounce & one of the oddest outs you'll see. He seemed just fine... no obvious wincing or "moving parts" type thing.

Willingham threw a couple balls with trainer & coaches observing & finished inning strong. No way to know if that is the why on having Hughes start next inning... but at the time it did seem like a reasonable & safe decision.
I fixed it... kind of a big difference & others already noted it. It was the right/ throwing arm.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Wait so Tuesday Mercer, Wednesday off, then Thursday-saturday for Pitt? Kinda wish we played Mercer last week instead...
There is no room for error. Even though we are out front and have (arguably) the worst team in the ACC at home to wrap up with, why does it still feel like we are fighting for our lives and all the pressure is on us???

Deleted member 2897

There is no room for error. Even though we are out front and have (arguably) the worst team in the ACC at home to wrap up with, why does it still feel like we are fighting for our lives and all the pressure is on us???

Because the ACC is no joke. To win the Coastal Division and/or entire conference is a major accomplishment and nobody’s going to just hand it to us.

Deleted member 2897

Looks like no cultural damage from Oscar’s dismissal that I can see. That is good. Webb is batting like 0.365 and his defense has been certainly no worse so that’s good too.