DOOK

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is interesting. Probably way early to get into it.

We seem to all agree what Tech has accomplished so far is awesome. CDH recently said in an interview when asked about the season (so far), "...we haven't accomplished anything, yet" TRUE

...but where is the balance as a fan between process & results? At what point are Lucy's antics an impossibility? Perhaps it will depend on how it ends less than where it ends. Losing a game 4-0 while playing well... unable to hit a pitcher having best day of his life is different than losing 9-8 giving up late runs... with multiple failures.

I get the feeling I'm more of a process over results guy than most of you. Although, they generally go hand in hand. This is a great baseball team, playing well, & putting together a great season.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I get the feeling I'm more of a process over results guy than most of you. Although, they generally go hand in hand. This is a great baseball team, playing well, & putting together a great season.
I think we very similar. As said earlier, the process that we have brought to the plate is great to see. Not swinging at bad pitches. Not swinging at borderline strikes that they can't drive. The 2 Duke starting pitchers have had nearly 80 pitches after 3 innings! Masterful! That at-bat by Webb when he walked was awesome. I hope we can keep the approach when the opponent's talent is better and the pressure increases. I have not seen the same process from the mound. We are still walking the first 2 men we're facing out of the pen. Hope we can get it tighted up in the next 2 weeks. But let's keep enjoying this run, and let's get this one today!

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
So far this season, we've only had 4 sweep situations on Sunday. Northwestern (lost it late), Louisville (crumbled in the bot 9), Clemson (blew a big early lead), and W Carolona, which is a different animal. Even if we're up 10 going into the last inning, I'll be nervous until the final out!

Deleted member 2897

Wild pitch gets Duke back in it. Then the next inning they get another homer in. 5 runs now off only 3 hits LOL. We better start hitting some soon...

Deleted member 2897

3 errors now, sigh. 8 hits given up is bad enough, but now 8 OTHER base runners.

9-4 Duke T8. Gotta get at least I’d say 3 this inning. Too bad we couldn’t carry over some of our 29 runs from the first 2 games.

Deleted member 2897

I mean for real, there is probably a 75% chance we finish 39-15, 20-10 in the ACC, win the Coastal, and finish 2nd overall in the ACC, 1 game behind a team we beat on the road. We won 9 out of 10 series, with our only loss being on the road, and winning with 1 out to go. First World Problems.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Still a great series. We did exactly what we needed to do and even if the Coastal slips out of our hands, this was a massive statement for a National seed. Now we just need a little help from either WF tomorrow or Duke next weekend.
Great series. So... don't take this the wrong way. There is a "next gear" I wish had emerged today. The errors is biggest evidence of failing to find that. I don't know the correct way to really articulate it; but I will call it when I see it. May be too late to see it it in regular season with only Mercer & Pitt remaining.

Once post-season kicks off... perhaps that's when it'll emerge...it'll be needed. A kill or be killed mentality.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Still a great series. We did exactly what we needed to do and even if the Coastal slips out of our hands, this was a massive statement for a National seed. Now we just need a little help from either WF tomorrow or Duke next weekend.

Agreed. Road series win down two starters, I’ll take it. 3-1 down the stretch ought to be enough to lock up a seed.