Do y’all think Tech can ever put it together ?

Milwaukee

Banned
What is interesting is that in the Gailey years we had a very moderate offense. Even 2006 we were not nearly as explosive as we are now. But our defense was ranked in the top 20 and lets face it, Tenuta was the reason. Now we lived and died by the blitz and Matty Ice Ryan destroyed us with big plays but we had a defense. Now it seems that Woody is of the same vein so I am encouraged.

I loved Tenuta because of his scheme but he was too stubborn, he wouldn't adjust if he was getting picked apart. I'm hoping Woody brings the heat and takes chances the entire game, until it's CLEAR it doesn't work. At that point, for the love of God please be willing to adjust the scheme. By the 3rd quarter if you're still getting disected you have to adjust whatever it is you're doing.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I ll be happier no matter what if he will mix up the defenses and camo it before the play.

The constant in the past
1. had our smaller dl rush thru the ol for at least 2 seconds.
2. Had the dbs so far back even the lessor qb could complete easy 3 and longs.

Please at least move around and change formations.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
As to the chance we can win, hxxx yes.

If the ol can get the assignments clearly communicated and executed.

When we do , will we dominate the 2018 clemson dl? Hxxx no.

The defensive players we have now are more athletic ability than the teams we have had. If we get a qb that can pass( read position of receiver/defender, decide, make proper type throw, throw it) about 50% with few int, we can be good.

We are down but not out.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Honest answer - don't believe we can based on the continued separation of the "haves" and "have nots" financially in P5 college football
Hopeful answer - miracles do happen, but it will take some special kids wanting to attend GT, despite the negative recruiting that faces the program

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I think any fair reading of our history in football says "Yes, we will put it all together and make a run." A fair reading would also say, "It will be a hell of a lot of fun and will go farther than anyone including us could suspect. But it won't last long." We seem to do a pretty good job of putting a solid team together most years regardless of the coach. The lone exception won't be named. Team chemistry seems to be the key ingredient to get us going. We aren't going to out-athlete a lot of our competition, so we have to have that chemistry to milk every ounce of potential . It helps to get a couple of breaks and have our rivals get the yips. Good coaching brings out the chemistry. A new DC bringing excitement gives me hope.

The bad news, putting it together for a couple of years never seems to elevate our recruiting much. Much of our problems there are systemic and possibly permanent.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I wouldn't sleep on Lucas Johnson or the true frosh kid who enrolls in fall.
The true Frosh ha a history of Injuries and while he i fat, he played against 2A Comp much like the QB Campbell Kid who was suppose to be a great QB prospect... Once healthy if he stays on Offense I see him as an ABack.. VT wanted him at anything but QB... It will be interesting for sure

GTFLETCH

Banned
I’m really high on LJ. Really impressed with his performance last year during the spring game. Was baffled as to why he didn’t get more playing time last year. Especially with TaQuons unfortunate late season decline.

I was really high on Lucas as well. However if you have attended any of the spring stuff you have seen that Tobias has all but locked up the backup job and may even be the starter if TM can only complete 40% this year.

To be fair Lucas was hurt ala Matt Jordan.... But back to last year, I think we can agree that Lucas can throw, however I think he has issues with his footwork and making the reads when running the option plays... I think that is why TM was named the starter, Coach Johnson values running and the read more then passing. Lucas has some work to do. Hopefully he can be a grad transfer and start at program like Ga Southern, New Mexico, Tulane or something...

But it is clear to me that the QB job will go from TM to Tobias....I am super excited to see what a GHSA 6A State winning QB can do in CPJ offense! His ceiling may be higher then JFN or JeT IMHO!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I was really high on Lucas as well. However if you have attended any of the spring stuff you have seen that Tobias has all but locked up the backup job and may even be the starter if TM can only complete 40% this year.

To be fair Lucas was hurt ala Matt Jordan.... But back to last year, I think we can agree that Lucas can throw, however I think he has issues with his footwork and making the reads when running the option plays... I think that is why TM was named the starter, Coach Johnson values running and the read more then passing. Lucas has some work to do. Hopefully he can be a grad transfer and start at program like Ga Southern, New Mexico, Tulane or something...

But it is clear to me that the QB job will go from TM to Tobias....I am super excited to see what a GHSA 6A State winning QB can do in CPJ offense! His ceiling may be higher then JFN or JeT IMHO!
Have you been attending spring practice?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Here we go again...:)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The true Frosh ha a history of Injuries and while he i fat, he played against 2A Comp much like the QB Campbell Kid who was suppose to be a great QB prospect... Once healthy if he stays on Offense I see him as an ABack.. VT wanted him at anything but QB... It will be interesting for sure
Campbell was probably going to be the QB until he hurt his hand and couldn't throw accurately.

GTFootball2018

Georgia Tech Fan

I tnotally disagree...Tobias has had a tough spring...learning the O...I’ve seen a lot of spring as well. Lucas was killing it before he got hurt. He also looked good with his reads, etc... he’s by far the best passer of the group. Lucas is our future QB...that’s my prediction!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I tnotally disagree...Tobias has had a tough spring...learning the O...I’ve seen a lot of spring as well. Lucas was killing it before he got hurt. He also looked good with his reads, etc... he’s by far the best passer of the group. Lucas is our future QB...that’s my prediction!
Welcome aboard.
How did u hear about lucas doing well? Are u able to get into practice?

Hope lucas can push TQM!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Didn't Tobias run basically the same offense in high school?

GTFootball2018

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn't Tobias run basically the same offense in high school?
I understand Tobias and Lucas both played TO in high school...they both look like tremendous athletes. Still a learning curve from high school to college...we also need somewhat of a passing threat as well...keep the D honest. IMO