Do y’all think Tech can ever put it together ?

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he had that plan years ago, and let it go. Strategic red-shirting works a lot better when our linemen don’t graduate after 3-3 1/2 years. We already lose players early—losing them after giving up a year of eligibility is even harder. We’re lucky when we have seniors playing. I haven’t seen too many red-shirt seniors.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have to agree; early graduation can be as devastating as injuries. However, a quick count on the roster shows we have 11 (!) RS-SRs coming back this year - this bodes well, I think and pretty sure this indicates PJ is still using red-shirts as a tool.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I have to agree; early graduation can be as devastating as injuries. However, a quick count on the roster shows we have 11 (!) RS-SRs coming back this year - this bodes well, I think and pretty sure this indicates PJ is still using red-shirts as a tool.

Knock 2 Srs off that list--key ones.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
We make the CFP this year.
That is the boldest statement I’ve heard all offseason. I’d love for that to happen but our D is gonna cost us a few games I’m afraid. Young defense and new scheme. We will see lots of improvements but I think we will get caught up Ina. Couple games

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That is the boldest statement I’ve heard all offseason. I’d love for that to happen but our D is gonna cost us a few games I’m afraid. Young defense and new scheme. We will see lots of improvements but I think we will get caught up Ina. Couple games

Nope. New DC will unleash the better than average D we've harnassed the last several years.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You are absolutely correct. We are not worthy of your contribution. It would definitely serve us right if you never posted here again. That would show us and give us what we deserve.

Don’t get snarky with me about my sources just because one of them is a “former” GTAA employee and the others are all dead. :ROFLMAO:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not a good offseason so far. Fine line between winning and losing. Taking an unexpected hit at OL with Marshall’s condition Still up in the air doesn’t bode well.

I have a feeling Bryan will be pressed into service at multiple spots again this year. We need some youth to step up.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Not a good offseason so far. Fine line between winning and losing. Taking an unexpected hit at OL with Marshall’s condition Still up in the air doesn’t bode well.

I have a feeling Bryan will be pressed into service at multiple spots again this year. We need some youth to step up.
I actually disagree that this is not a good offseason. We got a new defensive staff whose scheme philosophy aligns better with the guys we can recruit than any other in the last 10 years. It really sucks what happened to AJ and Stick, but I still think that we've had a net positive offseason so far. If TaQuon, the O-line, and the kicker can fix their weaknesses, I expect our defense to be good enough for us to beat some teams we're not expected to.