DMo to SC

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I'm pretty shocked that DMo isn't paid as an employee with all the benefits that come with it considering how often he's front and center in some of our PR and marketing stuff, and how much he role he's played within the program. This has been going since the Gailey days.

You mean like our players?

Goodnight every body I'll show myself the door!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
At GT all I could find is that he was titled character development coach. Maybe I am wrong but when I see executive director in the title I would assume it comes with more responsibility. Then again, titles can be misleading.

Executive, to me, means in GT terms he’ll lead their Total Person Program at SC

048C536D-1F8A-4FB1-BA17-6481730FA992.jpeg

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well if Dmo was that important they, and I mean the entire leadership of GTAA, should have figured out a way to lock him down before now. So all of a sudden it's Collins' fault it didn't get done after being here 2 years?
It is lonely at the top.

Milwaukee

Banned
Coach Johnson had what 12 years to get him on the GTAA payroll and it never happened? Coach Collins had 2 years, 1 of which was in the COVID lockdown year with layoffs instead of new hires.

If people must blame someone for DMo going to USC, blame Paul Johnson. Collins and DMo are friends from their days together under Chan. Dmo was a Chan Gailey hire. You be thankful Chan hired him and for us to have had him for all these years.
You just went full scorched earth on that dude. Well done.

2ndgenjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
IB is speaking the truth. Derrick’s staff position was cut about 10 years ago. The GT FCA had to have a fundraiser to pay his salary ever since.

I am sure he is getting better benefits from a staff position at usc for him and his wife and I am happy for them both.

If you want to place blame, place it on the GT AD at that time either for a short sighted budget cut or by not being transparent to the GT supporters to fund his position. Had nothing to do with either coach.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
IB is speaking the truth. Derrick’s staff position was cut about 10 years ago. The GT FCA had to have a fundraiser to pay his salary ever since.

I am sure he is getting better benefits from a staff position at usc for him and his wife and I am happy for them both.

If you want to place blame, place it on the GT AD at that time either for a short sighted budget cut or by not being transparent to the GT supporters to fund his position. Had nothing to do with either coach.
Exactly.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Guess now DMO and A. Brown can adjust to life as a Gamecock at the same time. Wishing them both great amounts of success especially when they line up across from uga

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wow! I really believe he was a special ambassador for the program, and he was a great male role model for the players. This is a HUGE loss in my opinion. He is not easy to replace, assuming GT has a budget to allow a replacement.

With that said, as good as DMo is at what DMo does, it is very surprising that he had not had opportunities to leave prior to this. I wonder if he did, and I wonder if there is a reason that he chose to do it now? We probably will never know.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure we have another run through a brick wall guy now....do you really need 2 motivational speakers?

OK GUYS!!!!! NOW THAT YOU RAN THROUGH THAT WALL WE’RE GOING TO RUN THROUGH THIS ONE NOW!!!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think DMo was more than just a motivator. I think he was someone they could come to with their problems and anxiety about school or just life in general. I am thankful the team had him as long as we did.

True2GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Per AJC:

In explaining his rationale for leaving a place he thought he might stay forever, Moore said that “circumstances sometimes dictate change.” He said that it was not a matter of South Carolina offering him a full-time position as opposed to being on contract at Tech, but declined to go into further specifics. He said that he held no hard feelings about Tech.

Starting to look more like a Collins or TStan thing. More likely Collins.

“Circumstances sometimes make decisions easier, and sometimes circumstances make situations more difficult, and I’ll leave it at that,” he said.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Per AJC:

Starting to look more like a Collins or TStan thing. More likely Collins.
Just hush. If you've even done an ounce of research and read earlier posts, you would have read that his position at GT was paid for by the FCA, not GTAA. They would fundraise through out the year for him and had a small salary in its budget for him. USCeast offered him a FULL TIME STATE CONTRACT. Not a hard choice to make. He not only did our stuff, but also the Falcons and national speaking. Its ok if you hate CGC but you are way off base with this.