DMo to SC

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If this is due to Collins, my confidence in him continues to decrease on a daily basis. Just an outsider's opinion, but he doesn't seem ready for this job or have a good plan as to how to proceed, get some much needed wins and maintain the loyalty of the high $$ alums. I could be totally wrong. He better put up some wins this year or the "greatest transformation in the history of this or any galaxy" may transition to someone else in the near future. Waffle House and cute slogans are great. Wins are what counts. :unsure:

#ForThe803

Pretty sure this was answered on like the first page.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
If this is due to Collins, my confidence in him continues to decrease on a daily basis. Just an outsider's opinion, but he doesn't seem ready for this job or have a good plan as to how to proceed, get some much needed wins and maintain the loyalty of the high $$ alums. I could be totally wrong. He better put up some wins this year or the "greatest transformation in the history of this or any galaxy" may transition to someone else in the near future. Waffle House and cute slogans are great. Wins are what counts. :unsure:

#ForThe803

I don't think it is due to Collins. But if it presents you with an opportunity to bash him, go on. Lol

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I mean if this is an opportunity for DMO to get closer to retiring or better setting up his finances, I'm all about it and he deserves it. I'm happy for him, though I'm sad to see him go.

But at the same time, wondering if this has to do with disliking the new "culture", is not some far-fetched notion that should be dismissed so quickly.

Either way, I wish him the best and thank him for his time here.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Why do a handful of posters go right after Collins every single time someone leaves the program? People leave every program. People leave jobs. We take people that left other jobs. It's called life.

We will miss Moore. He's great. I wish him nothing but success at South Carolina. Why can't it just be that simple?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Why do a handful of posters go right after Collins every single time someone leaves the program? People leave every program. People leave jobs. We take people that left other jobs. It's called life.

We will miss Moore. He's great. I wish him nothing but success at South Carolina. Why can't it just be that simple?
Same reason that others did the same thing when someone would leave when CPJ was here they would do the same thing.
Fact less than 50% of any recruiting class stay all 4 or 5 years,
Fact all new coaches have players leave it happens may be players don't like change could be they are push out by the coaches

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I'll admit, the #get-bak! coach has been an absentee poster for a while. Is this actually happening?

Are people wanting to move on from our coach after 1.5 seasons? Are they unaware of the climate of things, even independent of the COVID stuff? Did they not just watch a couple factories absolutely struggle to replace their HC even with money not being an object? What would they have us do?

The questions, these are the questions, man.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I mean if this is an opportunity for DMO to get closer to retiring or better setting up his finances, I'm all about it and he deserves it
Let's see... a position paid by FCA vs being a state employee with benefits.... I know which one I'd take.

In all honestly we haven't seen much of him since the start of the covid thing. Not getting paid because there are no conventions to speak at and nothing on campus to raise FCA funds and budget cuts at the GTAA prob was the nail in the coffin. No matter how much you love a place or program, can't pay the bills with that.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

#ForThe803

You guys take every chance possible to dig at CGC without an ounce of evidence. It’s probably been a decade since DMo was on GTAA payroll. You never wondered why he’s done so much outside work for the Falcons and others?

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
He is a Great Man. He is Real. He Cares. He will be missed. When we first visited GT when Will was in the 10th grade, before the visit we were thinking there is no way in Hell our son is going to GT. We talked with Derrick and knew where Will was going to go to college. You don't get to meet many people in your life like him. He has and will continue to be a positive Christian example for many people. God Bless Derrick Moore.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Did we even try to get him on GTAA payroll? Is there a reason he wasn’t already? I just don’t understand how he can make that much more money at South Carolina than we’re capable of giving him here. $75k more annually? Do we really not have that to keep one of our best assets? I don’t want to speak on another man’s money, but I highly doubt he’s making $100s of thousands of dollars in his new gig. Did he give Tech a chance to match/make him full-time and we couldn’t? Unless I’m missing something, I think this speaks more about the GTAA than CGC.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Did we even try to get him on GTAA payroll? Is there a reason he wasn’t already? I just don’t understand how he can make that much more money at South Carolina than we’re capable of giving him here. $75k more annually? Do we really not have that to keep one of our best assets? I don’t want to speak on another man’s money, but I highly doubt he’s making $100s of thousands of dollars in his new gig. Did he give Tech a chance to match/make him full-time and we couldn’t? Unless I’m missing something, I think this speaks more about the GTAA than CGC.
Coach Johnson had what 12 years to get him on the GTAA payroll and it never happened? Coach Collins had 2 years, 1 of which was in the COVID lockdown year with layoffs instead of new hires.

If people must blame someone for DMo going to USC, blame Paul Johnson. Collins and DMo are friends from their days together under Chan. Dmo was a Chan Gailey hire. You be thankful Chan hired him and for us to have had him for all these years.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Coach Johnson had what 12 years to get him on the GTAA payroll and it never happened? Coach Collins had 2 years, 1 of which was in the COVID lockdown year with layoffs instead of new hires.

If people must blame someone for DMo going to USC, blame Paul Johnson. Collins and DMo are friends from their days together under Chan. Dmo was a Chan Gailey hire. You be thankful Chan hired him and for us to have had him for all these years.
Lol. This has got to stop.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Why the HeII do we have the blame anyone , CPJ lovers need to stop blaming CGC and CGC need to stop blaming CPJ if not go find another team. We would be better off with 22,000 fans in the Stadium that pull for Tech and support Tech than 55,000 fans who half want to blame someone for everything.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I just don’t understand how he can make that much more money at South Carolina than we’re capable of giving him here.

Their fanbase is much larger than us, extremely rabid, and routinely sells out a stadium almost twice the size of ours to watch mediocre to losing football. They spend a LOT more money on football than we do.

Meanwhile, we have furloughed GTAA staff because we don't have enough in the bank to cover a season without ticket revenue...