DMo to SC

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Why the HeII do we have the blame anyone , CPJ lovers need to stop blaming CGC and CGC need to stop blaming CPJ if not go find another team. We would be better off with 22,000 fans in the Stadium that pull for Tech and support Tech than 55,000 fans who half want to blame someone for everything.
Just a lot of people making accusations who don't know what the hell they are talking about. We would all be better if we got the facts before making baseless accusations.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Coach Johnson had what 12 years to get him on the GTAA payroll and it never happened? Coach Collins had 2 years, 1 of which was in the COVID lockdown year with layoffs instead of new hires.

If people must blame someone for DMo going to USC, blame Paul Johnson. Collins and DMo are friends from their days together under Chan. Dmo was a Chan Gailey hire. You be thankful Chan hired him and for us to have had him for all these years.
Mate johnson couldn't even get recruiting staff until stansbury got here.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Why the HeII do we have the blame anyone , CPJ lovers need to stop blaming CGC and CGC need to stop blaming CPJ if not go find another team. We would be better off with 22,000 fans in the Stadium that pull for Tech and support Tech than 55,000 fans who half want to blame someone for everything.
Because everybody started jumping on my man Collins and his "culture" being the cause of this tragedy. That's their opinion, that's fine.

But I can blame this on anybody I want, cause there is no evidence to support any one person being at fault. I'm just tired of people blaming Collins for everything that happens. If a giant sinkhole opened up and swallowed the entire GT campus and there was nothing left, some people would blame Collins. So, two can play this game.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Mate johnson couldn't even get recruiting staff until stansbury got here.
Well if Dmo was that important they, and I mean the entire leadership of GTAA, should have figured out a way to lock him down before now. So all of a sudden it's Collins' fault it didn't get done after being here 2 years?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Because everybody started jumping on my man Collins and his "culture" being the cause of this tragedy. That's their opinion, that's fine.

But I can blame this on anybody I want, cause there is no evidence to support any one person being at fault. I'm just tired of people blaming Collins for everything that happens. If a giant sinkhole opened up and swallowed the entire GT campus and there was nothing left, some people would blame Collins. So, two can play this game.

I'd blame it on Bobby Ross because sink holes develop over time, especially with the granite foundation in GA. Ross left for the NFL knowing that 30+ years later a sinkhole would swallow GT...that's just selfish.

:)

stech81

Helluva Engineer

You are the one of the reasons we will stay divided as a fan base . Pull for Tech and the Players coaches come and go.
FACT: Tech is bigger than CGC or CPJ support the team .

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Well if Dmo was that important they, and I mean the entire leadership of GTAA, should have figured out a way to lock him down before now. So all of a sudden it's Collins' fault it didn't get done after being here 2 years?
Im pretty sure there is a reason that the christian group was paying dmo's salary under johnson and it was he tried and was told no. But the truth is collins has been getting a lot more resources than even chan had if anyone could have got it it was Collins. And this isn't to say he didn't try either. I never once said that.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

If it was truly fine for that to be their opinion, the rest of your post wouldn't be necessary.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
GT has been blessed to have DMo for 18 years (I think that’s right). Now he’s been given a great opportunity to impact another football program’s worth of kids and coaches and staff and I’m assuming at a higher salary. Personally I am sad he is leaving but excited for a guy who absolutely deserves the best.

Nobody needs to be blamed. Sometimes a great opportunity to make a change comes along and a deserving person takes that chance and everyone can part friends. Yes it’s a loss for us but I’m sure we will find a way to move forward.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
If the team chaplain was paid from someone else's books and not by GTAA for "reasons", how was SC able to figure that out?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
What do you mean? They probably just offered him some money for that position.

It doesn't sound like the same position. It appears he is taking on a much larger role with their program. From the AJC:

"Moore, who has served a role supporting the Yellow Jackets since 2002, was announced Wednesday as the Gamecocks’ executive director of character and player development in a tweet. The post featured him giving a talk to the team Monday.

Moore was hired by new Gamecocks coach Shane Beamer, who replaced Will Muschamp in December. The position at South Carolina is full-time, where he worked on a contract basis at Tech."

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't sound like the same position. It appears he is taking on a much larger role with their program. From the AJC:

"Moore, who has served a role supporting the Yellow Jackets since 2002, was announced Wednesday as the Gamecocks’ executive director of character and player development in a tweet. The post featured him giving a talk to the team Monday.

Moore was hired by new Gamecocks coach Shane Beamer, who replaced Will Muschamp in December. The position at South Carolina is full-time, where he worked on a contract basis at Tech."
Right what i meant was they didn't have to know anything about his current situation to offer him that job.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Biggest difference is he is paid by the school (USCe) and now gets SC state benefits. As a contractor for GT, any benefits/insurance/etc would have had to be self purchased.

Honestly, I'm pretty shocked that DMo isn't paid as an employee with all the benefits that come with it considering how often he's front and center in some of our PR and marketing stuff, and how much he role he's played within the program. This has been going since the Gailey days.

Of course, when it comes to the GTAA, nothing really surprises me anymore. As always, our adminstrative decisions never ceases in letting us down.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Honestly, I'm pretty shocked that DMo isn't paid as an employee with all the benefits that come with it considering how often he's front and center in some of our PR and marketing stuff, and how much he role he's played within the program. This has been going since the Gailey days.

Of course, when it comes to the GTAA, nothing really surprises me anymore. As always, our adminstrative decisions never ceases in letting us down.

Byproduct of how broke we are. GTAA operates under the old mantra of why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free...