DMo to SC

True2GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Just hush. If you've even done an ounce of research and read earlier posts, you would have read that his position at GT was paid for by the FCA, not GTAA. They would fundraise through out the year for him and had a small salary in its budget for him. USCeast offered him a FULL TIME STATE CONTRACT. Not a hard choice to make. He not only did our stuff, but also the Falcons and national speaking. Its ok if you hate CGC but you are way off base with this.
Did you read the part I bolded, you know the part that says it's not about the contract vs full time. Lol then you accuse me of not reading??

You're too something alright. Tall ain't it.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Because he still loves Tech and you don't want to burn bridges. But I guess you believe it since its on the internet, and everything is correct on the internet.

CGC and DMO go back to when CGC was here under Gailey. He saw how the kids loved him and he loved the kids. To blame this on CGC is akin to TDS. DMO has been an internal part of our program up until a pandemic shut the school down and therefore canceled the FCA chances of fund raising for him, canceled his speaking engagements and prevented his work with the Falcons. This is a financial move 100% for the betterment of his family. I have no hard feelings that he left, even though he was great. Its next man up-DMO would say the same thing if a player went down.

DuxmbK-W0AEt9jq.jpg

True2GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Because he still loves Tech and you don't want to burn bridges. But I guess you believe it since its on the internet, and everything is correct on the internet.

CGC and DMO go back to when CGC was here under Gailey. He saw how the kids loved him and he loved the kids. To blame this on CGC is akin to TDS. DMO has been an internal part of our program up until a pandemic shut the school down and therefore canceled the FCA chances of fund raising for him, canceled his speaking engagements and prevented his work with the Falcons. This is a financial move 100% for the betterment of his family. I have no hard feelings that he left, even though he was great. Its next man up-DMO would say the same thing if a player went down.

View attachment 9874
I'm sure DMO loves tech. There's no denying that, but you can love an institution and hate the change in management.

Wasn't that picture from 2018?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Per AJC:

Starting to look more like a Collins or TStan thing. More likely Collins.

Just hush. If you've even done an ounce of research and read earlier posts, you would have read that his position at GT was paid for by the FCA, not GTAA. They would fundraise through out the year for him and had a small salary in its budget for him. USCeast offered him a FULL TIME STATE CONTRACT. Not a hard choice to make. He not only did our stuff, but also the Falcons and national speaking. Its ok if you hate CGC but you are way off base with this.

IMO, you're both reaching on this one. DMo clearly stated the following, per the AJC: "In explaining his rationale for leaving a place he thought he might stay forever, Moore said that “circumstances sometimes dictate change.” He said that it was not a matter of South Carolina offering him a full-time position as opposed to being on contract at Tech, but declined to go into further specifics. He said that he held no hard feelings about Tech." So to claim that it's because of salary is no longer a valid excuse. To immediately assume it must be a CGC thing is also a major reach.

Here's the bottom line, everything I know about DMo is that he is a high character guy. I trust him. If he says that the type of contract and salary were not the reason then I believe him. There is no reason for me to doubt this. He also gave no reason to believe that it was because of CGC either. Given the lack of evidence, the best thing to do is wish him Godspeed and thank him for his years of dedication to GT.

True2GT

Georgia Tech Fan
IMO, you're both reaching on this one. DMo clearly stated the following, per the AJC: "In explaining his rationale for leaving a place he thought he might stay forever, Moore said that “circumstances sometimes dictate change.” He said that it was not a matter of South Carolina offering him a full-time position as opposed to being on contract at Tech, but declined to go into further specifics. He said that he held no hard feelings about Tech." So to claim that it's because of salary is no longer a valid excuse. To immediately assume it must be a CGC thing is also a major reach.

Here's the bottom line, everything I know about DMo is that he is a high character guy. I trust him. If he says that the type of contract and salary were not the reason then I believe him. There is no reason for me to doubt this. He also gave no reason to believe that it was because of CGC either. Given the lack of evidence, the best thing to do is wish him Godspeed and thank him for his years of dedication to GT.
I do wish him the best, just hope it's not because of HC. And btw I said probably not definitely CGC and this got buddy all riled up.
I guess people get worked up about things they are insecure about (not taking about you).

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Watch Calvin's GTHOF induction speech and what he says about how important DMo was to Calvin.