DMo to SC

slugboy

Staff member
Official.
The players and parents will have more to say on this, but he's been a special part of the program for a long time. I'm sure he'll always be part of the family down here, even if he's in SC.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Bigger loss than people know. D-mo is a relational glue guy. If you have ever been an athlete, you know that there are going to be moments where it just sucks, the training sucks, the practices suck, the pressure sucks, and in those moments, what I have found are that people make the difference. Somebody comes by, whether it's a friend or a mentor and just helps you out. Especially to see things in a healthier way. This is what I saw from DMo over the past decade. It's the unsung and unwritten conversations that are continually being held that keep our young men engaged.

We are going to miss Dmo and his importance was bigger than his paycheck.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
But do we have to respeck your decision?
:sneaky:

.... no interviews.

Loved the guy while he was here, and I hate to see him go. BUT, next man up! Let's not hang our head and say the next guy isn't as good blah blah. Let's support the new guy whoever it may be!

Totally agree.

The #get-bak! coach never got this kinda support comin' in ...

cr.gif

... is somebody choppin' onions in here?

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m going glass half full here. Maybe he is handing the ropes over to Coach Choice. CTC seemed to have that same kind of energy when he played, and maybe DMo thought it was Choice’s time to step into his role of the glue guy (obviously coach won’t give up coaching to be the Chaplin).

going to miss the speeches. Just trying to look for positives.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I loved DMo and all that he stood for. One thing to keep in mind is that in today's world, the rate of change is exponential. It is hard for young people to hear the same thing from the same person time after time. I noticed the same thing in business even with adults. The days of the coaches, managers or leaders staying in place for long periods of time are over. The position I left since leaving the corporate world is on its third person (not including me) in about a decade. Best of luck to DMo and he will always be respected and loved by the GT community.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I mean.. I still haven't seen a live link to this.. Nothing other than the 247 link that was removed.. Am I missing something?

Nothing on DMo's Twitter or SCar's either?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I mean.. I still haven't seen a live link to this.. Nothing other than the 247 link that was removed.. Am I missing something?

Nothing on DMo's Twitter or SCar's either?

This is all I've seen as well... Not much of a story yet.

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe the room just needs a new voice. Pat Riley has a book out that references how the message gets stale or the crowd stops listening as intently.... hate to see him leave non the less

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I had never met him until 2019. Me and my wife were walking around before the game and he was walking in front of the frat houses well before gametime.

I shouted his name and was so happy to see a complete stranger. Got my picture made with him and told him I really enjoy what he does. Such a nice effing dude. Best of luck to him.

Coach Choice has the reigns now.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If you paid attention during games, when a GT player made a bad play, a mistake, or got chewed out by a coach, DMo was usually someone that came in shortly afterwards to give words of encouragement and put an arm around that player. That means something to the players.

Doesn't matter what you believe, but DMo will definitely be missed. Wish him well.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
If this is due to Collins, my confidence in him continues to decrease on a daily basis. Just an outsider's opinion, but he doesn't seem ready for this job or have a good plan as to how to proceed, get some much needed wins and maintain the loyalty of the high $$ alums. I could be totally wrong. He better put up some wins this year or the "greatest transformation in the history of this or any galaxy" may transition to someone else in the near future. Waffle House and cute slogans are great. Wins are what counts. :unsure:

#ForThe803