DJ in the student section/something new for the team run-out

Animal02

Banned
Do you guys go looking other people approval? 404 is where we(GT) are located, i mean it is no getting around that. The 404 is the last thing i thought would disappoint someone but i digress.

The livest GT atmosphere was 09 VT game and music in game played a huge part in that so I’m all for this
From a marketing standpoint.....the 404 is rather meaningless outside of the metro area. Add to that the overlay area codes and it becomes more meaningless. You venture outside of Georgia and you will likely have more familiarity with the 404 error code than an area code.

WRT DJ music....I guess it will depend on who it is done.........

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
From a marketing standpoint.....the 404 is rather meaningless outside of the metro area. Add to that the overlay area codes and it becomes more meaningless. You venture outside of Georgia and you will likely have more familiarity with the 404 error code than an area code.

The whole point of the 404 branding is to attract and promote local fans and recruits. The same reason Miami has always used 305. Atlanta is the fastest growing city in the world, leading the music and movie industry. How could you have a problem with Coach trying to use that to his advantage?

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Hmmm. I kinda not a fan of pushing band out for during game stuff. Timeouts. Ok. Or halftime.

Well, as a former marching band nerd, I agree with your sentiment. The band does not play on 3rd downs so I guess that part doesn't have any effect.

Animal02

Banned
The whole point of the 404 branding is to attract and promote local fans and recruits. The same reason Miami has always used 305. Atlanta is the fastest growing city in the world, leading the music and movie industry. How could you have a problem with Coach trying to use that to his advantage?
From a branding standpoint......you want something simple and recognizable everywhere. not piecemeal. IMO, I think it is a mistake.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck

25 years since listening to this album, I finally know what 305 means. Thank you brother. My life is now complete.
a46752eb71037aaff9dd43c68173908f091c32db

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea whether the band does or not, but a former band member says they don't, and you say they do? So I still have no idea which is true.

jeses h Ch do I need to link a f-in video or are you guys too lazy to youtube a game and pick up any random third down where we are playing the same jig we have for 15years
ok
here go to the first 3rd down at the 3:40 mark and turn it up. You will hear what we play every time before 3rd down

TBH makes me wonder if ya'll just really drunk or don't go to games

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck

Because 16 & 17 year old football recruits are definitely thinking about 404 error codes lol. Some of y’all are clueless on this type of stuff. Great people I’m sure, but just go ahead and take an L on this one.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
jeses h Ch do I need to link a f-in video or are you guys too lazy to youtube a game and pick up any random third down where we are playing the same jig we have for 15years
ok
here go to the first 3rd down at the 3:40 mark and turn it up. You will hear what we play every time before 3rd down

Looks like the same exact field paint as last year for the white out in the video. Sorry - cross thread post here.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
From a branding standpoint......you want something simple and recognizable everywhere. not piecemeal. IMO, I think it is a mistake.
The 404 is recognized where it’s supposed to be recognized. I don’t think Techs national brand (If we even have one) is the 404. The Spread Option was our branding the past 12, I’m not sure what fans of a random team like Oklahoma think of Tech now, but it’s not the 404.

ok

Chill, man; it's not that big a deal. Watching that video, I didn't notice anything different on 3rd down than I did on any other down, and those were obviously only on defensive downs.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you guys go looking other people approval? 404 is where we(GT) are located, i mean it is no getting around that. The 404 is the last thing i thought would disappoint someone but i digress.

The livest GT atmosphere was 09 VT game and music in game played a huge part in that so I’m all for this
This was the best example of the Band and piped-in music working properly. Has yet to be duplicated since, really.