DJ in the student section/something new for the team run-out

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
According to Ken's tweet (and this article from ramblinwreck.com, we will have a DJ in the student section for all home games. I don't know if he will only be playing music for the section or over the whole stadium sound system. Clemson had a stadium DJ in the corner (not in the student section) and he played music throughout the stadium and it really got their fans and students fired up. I hope our setup is similar. Even if he doesn't know when to stop the music, someone at the main mixing desk should be able to easily control that.

Also there's this little tidbit I found in an article by Ken:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...blin-wreck-ready-roll/kqpPBWxd9V7z8zLYCe7vbL/

On Saturday, Damus said that the ride-out, as the drive onto the field is called, will be a little bit different than in years past, though he was not at liberty to divulge much more.

He said the Wreck will still drive out in front of the team, but, “I just think it’s going to be really high energy.”

According to Ken's tweet (and this article from ramblinwreck.com, we will have a DJ in the student section for all home games. I don't know if he will only be playing music for the section or over the whole stadium sound system. Clemson had a stadium DJ in the corner (not in the student section) and he played music throughout the stadium and it really got their fans and students fired up. I hope our setup is similar. Even if he doesn't know when to stop the music, someone at the main mixing desk should be able to easily control that.

Also there's this little tidbit I found in an article by Ken:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...blin-wreck-ready-roll/kqpPBWxd9V7z8zLYCe7vbL/

I noticed that in Ken's article too. Not sure what they can do differently from what they have been doing, but I guess we shall see tomorrow. At least they haven't painted it blue .... YET

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
I noticed that in Ken's article too. Not sure what they can do differently from what they have been doing, but I guess we shall see tomorrow. At least they haven't painted it blue .... YET
That won't ever happen, and while I'm all for adding to the pre-game intensity, I surely hope we don't run out to piped in music rather than the band playing. It's all well and good to play some music to get it started and get the stadium rocking, but PLEASE don't take the band out of it.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
That won't ever happen, and while I'm all for adding to the pre-game intensity, I surely hope we don't run out to piped in music rather than the band playing. It's all well and good to play some music to get it started and get the stadium rocking, but PLEASE don't take the band out of it.

Apparently the D.J. has something planned for third downs so no chords on third downs for the band this week.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
giphy.gif
I have no clue

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Its worth a try.....if it gets the fans into the game more and players get jacked I'm cool with it. Like everything this year, treat it as an experiment and we'll see.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I hope it's not that dumb "Turn Down for What" changed into "Third Down for What".
Lol. I'm expecting some ATL rap...well at least if its player driven. Every time I hang out with the guys its always Lil Baby, Gunna, Young Thug, Lil Keed, etc on the aux.

At this point tho, it can be whatever as long as it gets them flying around on the field.

georgytech

Georgia Tech Fan
My first impression is negative as I do not like piped in music at football games. What the game & the band are not spectacle enough anymore? I am a little disappointed in some of the hype the new coach is bringing in particularly the "404" thing as opposing fanbases are already responding with " 404 file error no football team found" which is a clever retort I think/ I hope he is successful & becomes the winningest coach in GT history but it is time for football not marketing. Just want to say I have been a Tech fan since about 1960 & will always be.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
My first impression is negative as I do not like piped in music at football games. What the game & the band are not spectacle enough anymore? I am a little disappointed in some of the hype the new coach is bringing in particularly the "404" thing as opposing fanbases are already responding with " 404 file error no football team found" which is a clever retort I think/ I hope he is successful & becomes the winningest coach in GT history but it is time for football not marketing. Just want to say I have been a Tech fan since about 1960 & will always be.

Do you guys go looking other people approval? 404 is where we(GT) are located, i mean it is no getting around that. The 404 is the last thing i thought would disappoint someone but i digress.

The livest GT atmosphere was 09 VT game and music in game played a huge part in that so I’m all for this