DJ in the student section/something new for the team run-out

Can we move all those old donors out of the middle of the field and put them in upper deck? It looks terrible rewatching the game and they go inside their little hole after the first quarter making it look bad on tv
More ageist BS. I am an "old donor" and I don't ever go into a "little hole", whatever the hell that's supposed to be.

Animal02

Banned
More ageist BS. I am an "old donor" and I don't ever go into a "little hole", whatever the hell that's supposed to be.
You know.....the Club section..the part that turns real red every other year after Thanksgiving.........But isn't that a lot of "corporate" seats?......I wonder what the break down of alumni / corporate in that section is.

The optic there wrt TV coverage have been bad since they built it.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Getting back to the original thread topic, it will be interesting to see how they mix the band playing with the DJ playing. You got to keep the old farts happy too.
Since you seem interested in knowing, the DJ plays during pregame warmups only. There is no conflict with the band, since they don’t enter the stadium until around TML-10 minutes. He is set up in the northeast corner of the field in the student section. It’s a good idea to get the students in their seats early. Clemson does the same thing.

Signed,
An old fart that likes to be in his seat at least 30 minutes before kickoff and wishes everyone else cared enough to do the same.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
You know.....the Club section..the part that turns real red every other year after Thanksgiving.........But isn't that a lot of "corporate" seats?......I wonder what the break down of alumni / corporate in that section is.

The optic there wrt TV coverage have been bad since they built it.
Solve this problem and I will buy you a gold chaos cruiser and a competition is king crown to go with it.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
So we replaced the 3rd down beautiful/HYPE as **** f-tune from our great band with a song over the pa?? The f-tune on 3rd downs (big downs) at Bobby Dodd is special. And now we’ve lost it apparently.

Tell me this is a joke please.
I'm really hoping they didn't replace "Chords". I always loved playing it on 3rd down and all the fans standing up and raising their hands. Also, technically, it's a Bb tuning thing haha

The middle of the field where the chair back gold seats are. Half of those people go inside and it looks like ****
I have only sat in that area once, as the guest of a regular ST holder there. I don't remember the age distribution of those in that area, but I doubt it was any different from the rest of the stadium. I sit in the upper east, and there is a wide distribution of ages in my section, and the older ones up there (myself included) neither seek places to "hide", nor do they leave early.

Animal02

Banned
Solve this problem and I will buy you a gold chaos cruiser and a competition is king crown to go with it.
Unfortunately, there is probably no going back. Always like the students being somewhat behind the opponent bench for noise factor......but that was when students actually showed up. ;)
I did read that Tech was trying some new things wrt ticket sales to limit resale.....that is a start.
It seems to me with all the technology available at Tech they could do something more to reward Season ticket holders that actually attend games rather than the resellers........maybe something like the "Clear" system they use at the airports......scan your fingerprint or iris when entering the stadium with your STs and get points for better seats, merchandise etc.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, there is probably no going back. Always like the students being somewhat behind the opponent bench for noise factor......but that was when students actually showed up. ;)
I did read that Tech was trying some new things wrt ticket sales to limit resale.....that is a start.
It seems to me with all the technology available at Tech they could do something more to reward Season ticket holders that actually attend games rather than the resellers........maybe something like the "Clear" system they use at the airports......scan your fingerprint or iris when entering the stadium with your STs and get points for better seats, merchandise etc.
Yeah I suggested something similar on this board a while back. Reward the STHs that actually go to the games. But the club seat section is a major “game day experience” problem. It’s the proverbial elephant in the room. You’ve got some high money donors over there that you can’t afford to piss off. Maybe TS needs to have a town hall with those and come up with a solution. FSU created a similar space but they located their’s high up in the end zone. Maybe we do something similar in the North EZ in the shaded area below the upper deck?

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm really hoping they didn't replace "Chords". I always loved playing it on 3rd down and all the fans standing up and raising their hands. Also, technically, it's a Bb tuning thing haha
It was still there, I'm pretty sure.

I say that because if ten people around you yell the Bb and you vascilate between a minor third and an augmented fifth above it it creates a really piercing discordant sound. I was doing that and I don't think I can pick out the augmented fifth without the perfect fifth from the band.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
It was still there, I'm pretty sure.

I say that because if ten people around you yell the Bb and you vascilate between a minor third and an augmented fifth above it it creates a really piercing discordant sound. I was doing that and I don't think I can pick out the augmented fifth without the perfect fifth from the band.
I think I only heard it on one of the 4th down attempts from USF in the first half.