Deion Sanders On The Flats?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gotta say the irony of writing off Tony Elliott as a bad coach because of one tough season but at the same time wanting Chip Long to be our new HC if Collins doesnt turn things around is rather humorous.

I was on the Tony Elliott bus during the coaching search. No need to speculate about how he will do as a HC, GT fans will get to see first hand how Elliot will fare as a head coach every year.

JacketFan137

Banned
Gotta say the irony of writing off Tony Elliott as a bad coach because of one tough season but at the same time wanting Chip Long to be our new HC if Collins doesnt turn things around is rather humorous.
almost as humorous as comparing a bad season at tulane to a a bad season at clemson

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
almost as humorous as comparing a bad season at tulane to a a bad season at clemson
I agree it is ridiculous. Tulane went 7-6 and 6-6 the two years before Long showed up at Tulane, then dropped to 2-10 under him. Clemson went from 10 wins in 2020 to... 10 wins in 2021. There is no comparison.

uga scored less offensive points on Clemson than we did, guess their offense must have really sucked huh?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
urban meyer is the textbook definition of a “buy low” his stock is down to the absolute basement after being one of the unquestioned worst nfl coaches ever.
If Meyer was an option I would kick Geoff to the curb if he was 8-4 this year. He won’t be but Meyer is an incredible college coach and has won everywhere he has been. Nick Saban was a terrible NFL coach as well…

JacketFan137

Banned
If Meyer was an option I would kick Geoff to the curb if he was 8-4 this year. He won’t be but Meyer is an incredible college coach and has won everywhere he has been. Nick Saban was a terrible NFL coach as well…
nick saban went 9-7 and 6-10. while not great that’s at least fairly average and he probably could have got another shot if he really wanted. urban meyer was 2-11 and his coaching run was ridiculous. after a tough loss while the team flew back to jacksonville he got caught fondling a coed, he allegedly kicked a player and didn’t even address special teams guys by name.

that’s not to say he wouldn’t come back and immediately be an upgrade to our team and he did actually have somewhat of a georgia tech connection, he’s just a crazy person

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
nick saban went 9-7 and 6-10. while not great that’s at least fairly average and he probably could have got another shot if he really wanted. urban meyer was 2-11 and his coaching run was ridiculous. after a tough loss while the team flew back to jacksonville he got caught fondling a coed, he allegedly kicked a player and didn’t even address special teams guys by name.

that’s not to say he wouldn’t come back and immediately be an upgrade to our team and he did actually have somewhat of a georgia tech connection, he’s just a crazy person

Meyer was trying to get fired when he realized he didn't know what he was doing at the NFL level i feel. If nto for the issue with the girl. He'd have walked away with a nice buyout. That gave them cause. (NFL owners wouldn't want player abuse in the media so people would have got nice checks to keep that quiet)

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Hearing it's possible. Story should get more momentum after the Ole Miss game if we get torched. Word is Deion is in on this as at least a stepping stone job from those I've talked to who are close to the athletics department. The money is there and they are about ready to swing.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hearing it's possible. Story should get more momentum after the Ole Miss game if we get torched. Word is Deion is in on this as at least a stepping stone job from those I've talked to who are close to the athletics department. The money is there and they are about ready to swing.
If true, that’s a pretty big sports story and will get national coverage.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Question,
Does Deion bring the same reverence we all have for him, to the younger generation? The kids we are going after have never seen him play. Does that matter or does his legacy still resonate with the recruits?

JacketFan137

Banned
Question,
Does Deion bring the same reverence we all have for him, to the younger generation? The kids we are going after have never seen him play. Does that matter or does his legacy still resonate with the recruits?
deion is a legend and has been for a while. he’s been big as a media personality and he’s done work with places like barstool. he has jackson state recruiting at an unheard of level for an HBCU and signed the best high schooler in the country.

maybe they don’t know much about his playing days but they certainly know who he is and would easily be the most recognizable coach in decades

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Question,
25 year old checking in, so a little older than the kids. But Deion, his son and their crazy #1 recruit are all over social media. But even without that, if you know football you know the name. I wouldn’t say it’s like knowing tiger woods if you golf, but more like John Daly

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
Question,
Deion is football royalty. He has brought an incredible amount of buzz to Jackson State already. He is on commercials with Saban and was a part of the CBS NFL studio coverage as these kids watched the NFL growing up.

I think he would be an immediate upgrade in outside interest in the program. I have not watched Jackson State play, so I cannot comment on his coaching ability. But, Deion back in Atlanta, coaching at the FBS level would be one of the biggest stories in CFB.