Deion Sanders On The Flats?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We've already seen what going with the donor base will get us over the last three years. If we don't win at least 5 (could happen, but probably won't), get rid of Collins (probably will happen), and don't hire Dan Mullen (since so many would object to Moncken), then TStan should be ridden out of town on a rail. It's high time we went with someone with a winning record. And if he could win at Starkville, he can win at Tech.

Btw, I'm pretty sure Deion wouldn't touch the job with a fork. He wouldn't know what to do with it if he got it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We've just seen how that worked out with crypto.
What’s your point? Never take a risk? For every crypto story there is a story about someone who bought Coke stock when it was a dollar a share and left millions for their children.

I understand if you make the case that Sanders is not likely to ever be a decent coach or that he is currently being overhyped. I disagree but that is a legitimate point of view. But I don’t understand just categorically being against trying something new. It worked when we brought in CPJ and I was skeptical at the time about that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Y'all sure are getting worked up when Sanders ain't even said he would like to coach here. Look I dislike CGC more than most on here but right now he is the coach.
Why not Prime time to FSU?
Iirc
His record there is only slightly better than cgc.
Both ga tech and FSU had big group of players .go into the portal. Rivals says way fewer FSU guys than ga tech guys found new schools.

Gt and Sims have already beaten FSU. If poorly regarded ga tech does it again, then its surely prime time at FSU.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea how the coaching would go, but the fashion discussions would be fabulous.

Happy Super Bowl GIF by Frito-Lay

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure Collins was the first and last coach we interviewed.

REALLY frustrating how narrow the search was. Its was also a very conservative search in terms of candidates.

Hope TStan and the big donors have learned their lesson because if CGC is let go, they'll have to go through the process again. Maybe next time the search will be more expansive and with a more diverse group of candidates.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
REALLY frustrating how narrow the search was. Its was also a very conservative search in terms of candidates.

Hope TStan and the big donors have learned their lesson because if CGC is let go, they'll have to go through the process again. Maybe next time the search will be more expansive and with a more diverse group of candidates.
It won’t be TStan doing the search. He won’t get another bite at that apple

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Coaching searches usually feature a lot of informal interest gauging before public information comes out. The narrowness of the coaching search is a product of a general unwillingness of coaches to want to come into the situation that we had.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Coaching searches usually feature a lot of informal interest gauging before public information comes out. The narrowness of the coaching search is a product of a general unwillingness of coaches to want to come into the situation that we had.

Most searches that's the case. In GT's case that wasn't so. It started narrow and got even narrower...unfortunately.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It won’t be TStan doing the search. He won’t get another bite at that apple
TStan is safe. CGC hire was pushed heavily by mega donors. TStan will most likely have near total say next go around and that hire will dictate TStans fate at GT.

Hopefully CGC will win enough here it becomes a moot point. Crossing my fingers, but...

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
And
Most searches that's the case. In GT's case that wasn't so. It started narrow and got even narrower...unfortunately.
How does anybody not involved with the search know how wide/narrow it actually was? CPJ retired. He informed the public of his impending retirement a month before the bowl game, which means he probably hinted at it to administration well before that. There was plenty of time to send out feelers before beginning a formal search. The fact that the formal search was so narrow is probably a good sign there wasn’t a ton of interest.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Same tired old excuse. Lol.

As others eluded to, the guy now at UVA said he was interested, but not contacted.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
TStan is safe. CGC hire was pushed heavily by mega donors. TStan will most likely have near total say next go around and that hire will dictate TStans fate at GT.

Hopefully CGC will win enough here it becomes a moot point. Crossing my fingers, but...
Not sure how much it was pushed into him. This is purely speculation, but TStan has repeatedly mentioned how important marketing of the program is, and the foundation of his method at Oregon State and UCF. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that's what really made CGC an attractive candidate for him.