Dedrick Mills dismissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Marshall left because he was pissed that a freshman that couldn't stay out of trouble got the nod and took his spot. CPJ messed up and he knows it now.

This is how I feel, violently so.

You better have 100% full confidence in the kid's ability to turn himself around when he's got 2 strikes. Plus your team and administration's ability to help, assist, track, and monitor him. Marcus Marshall is about to head out the door. Anything less than 100% (yes he's a kid and you can't control him, so that should be factored into your calculus), then you suspend him for several months or you demote him to BB 1b behind Marcus until he proves otherwise at some point. Hindsight is 20/20, but this really is a big wide fail.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I miss Marshall for sure. Thought he was a more talented runner but CPJ values someone that can block and someone that can pound the ball a little more. Really wish we could've gotten Marshall to stay. He was electric
I STRONGLY disagree here. He was faster. That's. It.

Mills was a really good runner, with nifty feet, and great vision in the hole.

Mills loss hurts much more than marshalls.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I STRONGLY disagree here. He was faster. That's. It.

Mills was a really good runner, with nifty feet, and great vision in the hole.

Mills loss hurts much more than marshalls.

Well if we had Marshall right now how would you feel about next year?

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this is why coach was so grumpy on the post-practice interview. I do think we have enough talent and experience to absorb his loss. By no means is this a positive for the team, but it can be a place to galvanize from instead of disintegrate.

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
In fact remember that ACC coach that basically said Mills was our only good player? Guess we now have none. That will make it even sweeter when we kick butt this season. Would feel better if Marshall was still playing for us but we will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.