Dedrick Mills dismissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
A couple thoughts:
1) People need to not overreact. Mills was a great player, but we still have talent at BBack. We'll be okay there. Howard sounds like he's doing well and he's got the size at 6'0" and 215 lbs. Benson is also a great option and I'm okay with Quaide.
2) People shouldn't speculate about the reasons for dismissal. Wait until the report comes out. His previous offenses were for showing up to practice late (or was it skipping a meeting?).
3) This may explain why CPJ looked a bit jittery a couple days ago in his post practice. He might have known then that Mills was out.

Seriosuly???
skipping a meeting and/or practice was NOT his previous offenses.
and that does not get you booted.. dog house? yes... booted ? no

Whomever told you that is a liar.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Seriosuly???
kipping a meeting and practice was NOT his previous offenses.

Do you know what his previous offenses were? Those were the ones that CPJ stated when asked, if I remember correctly. And it would get you booted for a third strike, I'd think.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Do you know what his previous offenses were? Those were the ones that CPJ stated when asked, if I remember correctly.

There are people close to the situation that have repeatedly said what the reason was. You will never hear CPJ or the school state this publicly.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
There are people close to the situation that have repeatedly said what the reason was. You will never hear CPJ or the school state this publicly.
Fair enough. Then if someone would like to PM me what the reasons were if they know for sure, I'd appreciate it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, I had no worries about DM for this season. Then somebody posted a tweet recently with a picture of him, and I said to myself, "Well, that's that." I can't remember which thread that was though.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Fwiw, I had no worries about DM for this season. Then somebody posted a tweet recently with a picture of him, and I said to myself, "Well, that's that." I can't remember which thread that was though.
Eh? What in the world was it a picture of ?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This is not the first time kids have left either voluntarily or been kicked off the team and it unfortunately won't be the last time with our current teen culture.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
Rickety rackety reck!

Though it makes me wonder... when CPJ said that QB was not the position he was worried about, and we thought that meant that the QBs were fine... maybe it was that he knew BBs were in trouble... :sorry::(:drowning:

Hahah just kidding! We're gonna be fine. Next man up!

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Would like to know how something like this happens in CAMP?

If one is not too far off, believe camp is something like get up, eat, meetings, eat, practice, meetings, eat, meetings, go to bed. Repeat.

Have been in camp for two weeks. If it was from before camp, when was the screening?

Other than that, Next Man Up. Welcome to Tech and Life!

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I saw the same picture and thought the same thing......here we go

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Seriosuly???
skipping a meeting and/or practice was NOT his previous offenses.

CPJ said himself that last year he was suspended for missing a practice or skipping a meeting. But I do agree that wouldn't get him dismissed from the team.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I know Mills helped us win last year, but I wonder if CPJ should've never given DM the spot above Marshall. Marshall did everything right, didn't get suspended, good student, carried the load every time Mills let his team down yet every time Mills got out of the dog house he started splitting carries again with Marshall. CPJ can't control someone's behavior, I get that, but man, we ran off Marshall as Mills seemed the heir apparent and now we're left with nothing.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said himself that last year he was suspended for missing a practice or skipping a meeting. But I do agree that wouldn't get him dismissed from the team.

He was suspended 1 game the first time for missing practice/meeting on Labor Day. He was suspended for two games later in the season for what many suggested was weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.