Dedrick Mills dismissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't sleep on Mason. The kid imo is going to be very very good. CPJ moved him to Aback, but then said he's getting reps at both Aback and Bback. Once he learns the offense and if he can hit the hole hard I think he and Howard could be a nice 1, 2 punch.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Over/Under at 6 doesn't seem too off right about now. I know "it's never as good or as bad as it seems," but this could easily be a 1-win difference in the season total for sure.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Like my pops said, just treat it like a career ending knee injury.
I like Benson a lot, and my family that went to the scrimmage were raving about Howard.
Can't gloss over that it's a big loss, but at least we can adjust before the season starts instead of in the middle of it.

Deleted member 2897

Over/Under at 6 doesn't seem to off right about now. I know "it's never as good or as bad as it seems," but this could easily be a 1-win difference in the season total for sure.

Right. We have a top 10 most difficult schedule in the entire country, starting some new folks on the OL, a new BB, and a new QB. We'll probably get better as the season goes, but the first 2/3rds is going to be up and down and frustrating.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Did anyone think he was going to last? Obviously hadn't learned his lesson after getting suspended twice his freshman year.

only a matter of time.. He didn't change his ways.. I hate it for the kid and the team.
Hopefully he lands somewhere that can help him..

Next man up!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Benson had a faster 100m time than Justin Thomas. He is fast. Jerry Howard is good. We have bodies to fill that position. But no doubt this will be a huge blow.

I have to say a few things:
1) What an incredibly stupid waste of talent. And, does he lose his scholarship? Is he kicked off campus entirely?
2) What an incredibly short sighted move by Marcus Marshall
or
3) What an incredibly awful job to manage Mills/Marshall by the football staff. This is an absolute disaster.
MM didn't like our O. That had as much or more to do with his departure. Don't ask.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ has repeatedly said he doesn't get low, he runs straight up. You can't do that in this offense, although it's something that can be worked on and changed.

There was a huge difference watching Howard and Quaide in the open scrimmage. My favorite sequence of plays that day started with a first down at the 15 yd line. Four straight handoffs to Howard at BB for 5 yds, 2 yds, 5 yds, 3 yds TD. Love the ability to run between the tackles in the red zone. Quaide on the other hand was stopped and pushed backwards at the LOS on several runs.

I think this puts more urgency in selecting the starting QB. Need the starting QB and Howard to get as many reps as possible the next two weeks to develop timing and limit turnovers.

And yes, I expect Howard to get the start over Benson.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
How does the team do drug testing? Random tests throughout the year? Are all players tested?

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
Too bad Lands-Davis left the team as well. We originally recruited him as a B-Back.

I am excited about Howard and Ponchez-Mason as well, but I think I saw Ponchez-mason in a boot in some fan day pictures. Can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.