Dec 2

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I'm confused how this has turned into an indictment of the GTAA. You know Central Florida was the one that cancelled the original 12th game to begin with, right? It's a mess, for sure, but there's not a whole lot we can do other than ask the other teams to play.

At this point I 100% hope that Central Florida loses to South Florida next week and we ask them to reschedule the original game for 12/2. Then we go down there and beat the crap out of them. If they have the balls to turn down that game in that scenario then they should just drop back down to FCS

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I know the 3option is tough to prepare for, but come on, we're 5-4!! Won 3 games 2 years ago, people are not shaking in their boots to play us.

We could easily be 8-1 at this point, and the people who schedule games aren't internet hacks who base everything off of W/L records.

Trust me, there are a lot of teams that don't want to play us, because they know we CAN beat them.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We could easily be 8-1 at this point, and the people who schedule games aren't internet hacks who base everything off of W/L records.

Trust me, there are a lot of teams that don't want to play us, because they know we CAN beat them.

Could also easily be 3-6. I do think it's a little odd people don't want to play us...being afraid to get beat doesn't make any sense unless you're vying for a shot at the CFP...in which case you can only better your cause by getting an additional win. The reason teams don't want to play is most likely due to money. I doubt we're offering to travel out to UTSA...for them to come here would be a pretty significant cost that they don't have built into their budget.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Could also easily be 3-6. I do think it's a little odd people don't want to play us...being afraid to get beat doesn't make any sense unless you're vying for a shot at the CFP...in which case you can only better your cause by getting an additional win. The reason teams don't want to play is most likely due to money. I doubt we're offering to travel out to UTSA...for them to come here would be a pretty significant cost that they don't have built into their budget.

No, we could be 4-5 (if we imploded against VT there instead of manning up)...our closest win otherwise was 14 points in a game we dominated against WF. We are literally 2 plays from being 7-2 (UT where one of a dozen plays going slightly differently seals the win, and UM with the 4th down tipped catch), plus the UVA game was right there for the taking at multiple times. Every loss except Clemson was closer than our tightest win. Saying we could easily be 3-6 is a straight up lie.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Nope. 4-5 maybe, but not 3-6. We've only won one game by a single TD, and lost 3. Four of our wins were convincing, and no amount of spin can turn them into losses.

And winning matters. Otherwise, our boards wouldn't be tearing our team to shreds following every loss, so scheduling a potential embarrassment isn't high on the priority list for most ADs.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
30+ years as a fan. Other than MR BC, 51-7 uga, and Glennon Vt, I've never felt more embarrassed. Absolutely terrible. Team's demeanor was lacking,, would not doubt JJ's transfer based on body language. Sorry I wasted my time with family on that

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Both sides... Cutcliffe mixed it up and GT failed to make any in game adjustments. This is on both CPJ and CTR.

We need that 12th game!!!!!

On the contrary, this team does not deserve to go to a bowl of any kind. The players and the coaches need to do some heartfelt reflection on how poorly prepared they were today and if they are willing and able to make the adjustments and sacrifices required to beat UGA or at the very least be competitive. This loss is one of the worst in Coach Johnson's tenure. Right up there with UGA 2012, Kansas debacle, and the infamous Middle Tennessee State dumpster fire. In the past three years, we have had two losing seasons (if we lose to UGA next week) which has not happened since Bill Lewis. A sobering thought indeed.