DeAndre Smelter has a torn ACL

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I said it in chat when I saw it happen, I'll say it again. Please excuse my language, but cheap shot mfer!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First the shoulder, now this. But the ACL is reparable ..... if it needs surgery. Does anyone know if/when surgery is expected?

Hope he recovers in time for the combine. Great guy.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I feel absolutely sick for him...draft stock was rising each week.

I know some team will give him a chance and he'll come back stronger than ever

Time for the guys to beat FSU for him!

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Stupid UGAg idiot player cheap shot dirt bags. If he would have just let Deandre's leg go on the first tackle.... Why do UGAg players seem to take out our best players every year for this crap?

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I said it in chat when I saw it happen, I'll say it again. Please excuse my language, but cheap shot mfer!

The way that game was called, I'm not sure if the ref blew the play dead and the UGA player was thinking Smelter was still in not down and pulling a Michael Dyer (Aub Nat'l chapionship Game) type play.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The way that game was called, I'm not sure if the ref blew the play dead and the UGA player was thinking Smelter was still in not down and pulling a Michael Dyer (Aub Nat'l chapionship Game) type play.
I don't know, but as I recall, the whistle was clear and close by, while Smelter had stopped running. Kid then took a second shot at Smelter's legs.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is very disappointing for so many reasons.
Hate it for him most of all.
I cannot think of a player who is more of a sure thing in clutch moments for the team than him.
Did not like the way the uga player reefed on his legs a second time but I do not know what was in the mind of that player.