DeAndre Smelter has a torn ACL

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate those of you who are attempting your best appeals to calm and reason, but re-watching the Smelter injury play, vamos and jeff, I have to again disagree. If you watch, the guy for UGA doesn't just grab Smelter's legs. It is clear from the replay that he TWISTS them. From the original side view of the play, on the 2nd tackle, his left shoulder starts off forward and rotates backward as he cinches down with his right arm on the side of Deandre's knees. If you just want to tackle a guy by his legs, your shoulder doesn't rotate back around. You grab the back of the knees, clinch and lean on his thighs while lifting up, and make him fall. You don't twist. Again, not saying this is premeditated with the thought to try and hurt because it obviously happens in a split second. But after the mutt fans and irresponsible coaches and everyone else in college football use the 'cut blocking is dirty and injures people' to stoke motivational fires against us, it wouldn't be surprising if there was intent. This is possibly, in my opinion, a dirty, Devon Edwards of Duke type tackle. Add to that the fact that UGAg was using their pointless body slam tackles against us all game, and it is clear there was a general of unsportsmanlike play on their defense.

fwiw, this is the way I saw it, but I haven't gone back to look. I think that there's too much of a pattern with u[sic]ga trying to take-out our key players to think it's a coincidence.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Agree with vamos. You can look at angles and shoulder twists all you want. The physical relationship of where both players were in relation to each other explains it all.
No doubt in my mind UGA maliciously attempted to injure JfN. No doubt Duke thug attempted the same this year. That's not what happened to Smelter. Refs didn't blow whistle, play wasn't dead, defender reasonably thought Smelter wasn't down. His toe got caught in the turf....THAT is why the knee got injured...was unintentional by the mutt.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Agree with vamos. You can look at angles and shoulder twists all you want. The physical relationship of where both players were in relation to each other explains it all.
No doubt in my mind UGA maliciously attempted to injure JfN. No doubt Duke thug attempted the same this year. That's not what happened to Smelter. Refs didn't blow whistle, play wasn't dead, defender reasonably thought Smelter wasn't down. His toe got caught in the turf....THAT is why the knee got injured...was unintentional by the mutt.
This^.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Again, not saying it's intentional. Smelter probably outweighs this guy by 40+ lbs and the extra jerk on the knees could be him cinching up hard trying to tackle a heavier guy as he's falling back naturally. But y'all need to get your eyesight checked if you don't see that twisting jerk of the shoulders. This didn't just happen because some cleats got caught. FWIW, Chris Milton did the alligator roll on Conley while tackling him late in the game and Isaiah Johnson's been going in high at some people lately. I wouldn't be surprised if what Davis did was intentional, but who knows what was going on in his mind. Stop saying it was just cleats getting stuck though.