Dawgs want to stop playing us to "fix their atrocious schedule"

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Everyone that liked this should be banned from this board and have their Tech fan card taken away.

Georgia is our biggest rival. It would be awful if we stopped playing them every year...plain and simple
It didn't hurt GT from 1917-1924.......................................just sayin';) GT quit playing UGAG then because a UGAG parade in 1919 had floats that said "Georgia in France 1917-1918 and Tech in 'Lanta 1917-1918". GT asked for an apology and UGAG said go to hell.

Last edited:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
As much as I would like to see us play teams from the SEC fact is I don't think think too many of the ones we want to see would schedule us on a home to home .Most could not play us the last week. So if it had to be the first week who we would you see us for the last game of the season.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
As much as I would like to see us play teams from the SEC fact is I don't think think too many of the ones we want to see would schedule us on a home to home .Most could not play us the last week. So if it had to be the first week who we would you see us for the last game of the season.
Have an ACC game as the last game of the season Duke for instance;)

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It didn't hurt GT from 1917-1924.......................................just sayin';) GT quit playing UGAG then because a UGAG parade in 1919 had floats that said "Georgia in France 1917-1918 and Tech in 'Lanta 1917-1918". GT asked for an apology and UGAG said go to hell.
Who said anything about hurting us? It could easily make our overall schedule easier, but I would hate to stop playing them. Aside from winning championships, nothing feels better than beating those clowns. Assuming we are out of the conference championship race, I'd much rather beat an 0-11 Georgia team than an 11-0 Clemson team, for instance...

Deleted member 2897

Everyone that liked this should be banned from this board and have their Tech fan card taken away.

Georgia is our biggest rival. It would be awful if we stopped playing them every year...plain and simple

You do realize this thread is in response from a suggestion from uga folks that they drop us, right? :) If they drop us and I'm fine with it, I lose my fan card? Noooooooo! It has its very own slot in my wallet!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You do realize this thread is in response from a suggestion from uga folks that they drop us, right? :) If they drop us and I'm fine with it, I lose my fan card? Noooooooo! It has its very own slot in my wallet!
My response was not regarding them dropping us...it was in regards to "I'd rather play X, Y, and Z than georgia" ...that's just silly

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Who said anything about hurting us? It could easily make our overall schedule easier, but I would hate to stop playing them. Aside from winning championships, nothing feels better than beating those clowns. Assuming we are out of the conference championship race, I'd much rather beat an 0-11 Georgia team than an 11-0 Clemson team, for instance...
I thought you meant hurting GT. I would take replacing UGAG with Air Force,Army,Navy or East Carolina if it came to that.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
My response was not regarding them dropping us...it was in regards to "I'd rather play X, Y, and Z than georgia" ...that's just silly
I didn't like his original comment because he said that he would rather us play those teams. I liked the comment because of the sentiment in the first part.
I like playing Georgia because I love to hate them and I love it even more when we beat them.

Deleted member 2897

I didn't like his original comment because he said that he would rather us play those teams. I liked the comment because of the sentiment in the first part.
I like playing Georgia because I love to hate them and I love it even more when we beat them.

I have been known to say stupid things before. You can ask my wife if you need examples.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Whats even more comedic about that is, aside from the obvious, is that GT has a campus in France and Georgie don't got D***..... :)

Dog fans have been saying this for years and saying it is no longer a rivalry......that is until they lose. Losing to Tech too many times gets you fired at Georgia. As for Heather Dinich, I believe her comments were directed at the other 3 games, however, she has long ragged on our Tech. Georgia is going to win at least 9 games this year. Auburn, LSU and Us are the only games that they will be challenged, at least as of right now. But let's see what losing 30 seniors does to them. Oh and one other point, the guy says Georgia is starting to be a recruiting king......seems to me the prior coach was pretty much always a top 10 class recruiter.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Dog fans have been saying this for years and saying it is no longer a rivalry......that is until they lose. Losing to Tech too many times gets you fired at Georgia. As for Heather Dinich, I believe her comments were directed at the other 3 games, however, she has long ragged on our Tech. Georgia is going to win at least 9 games this year. Auburn, LSU and Us are the only games that they will be challenged, at least as of right now. But let's see what losing 30 seniors does to them. Oh and one other point, the guy says Georgia is starting to be a recruiting king......seems to me the prior coach was pretty much always a top 10 class recruiter.
What do you think the media reaction(including ESPN)would be if UGAG and GT ended their football series?

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think the suggestion comes from thinking Tech is weak, but rather dropping one of the other three FCS/Go5 teams could remove a home game from the schedule. By removing, say Austin Peavy, and adding an away game to the likes of Notre Dame/Clemson/Ohio State, etc or even a neutral site opener, that's one less home game in their stadium. May not sound like a big deal at first, but home games bring in a lot of money not only to the school but also the community (gas, hotels, restaurants, bars).