Dave Patenaude's Offense

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Or maybe some of us are just expressing an opinion that the offense was worse last year than it should have been. I have no idea why you guys are so butt hurt about that notion. This place is snowflake heaven.
The irony in this is astounding. You are literally crying because the team didn’t live up to your expectations.

Last edited:

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The irony in this is astounding
Literally we had to have multiple pages of meltdowns, including yourself because I said the following:

We had enough talent last year to not be one of the worst offenses in college football. He did a crap job with what he had. People can improve though. Hopefully yesterday’s game is a sign of things to come.

That’s really not that controversial of a statement. It’s actually somewhat of a compliment for a good game last weekend. Certainly not worth crying this much over. If statements like this hurt your feelings that much then just don’t read the internet. I don’t know what else to tell you.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
And if you think last year was the best we could have possibly done then I’m afraid that shows your knowledge level.
Literally everyone who is paid to comment on college football said we were going to be bad. We had an undersized OL learning how to play differently under live fire conditions and we had no QB. We decided to rip the bandaid off and force feed the new system to prove we were no longer an option team to make the point to fans, the media and most importantly HS players and coaches. So yeah, we were going to suck no matter who the OC was.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Literally we had to have multiple pages of meltdowns, including yourself because I said the following:

That’s really not that controversial of a statement. It’s actually somewhat of a compliment for a good game last weekend. Certainly not worth crying this much over. If statements like this hurt your feelings that much then just don’t read the internet. I don’t know what else to tell you.
There are pages of you literally crying over the team not living up to your expectations in year 1 dude😂.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Literally everyone who is paid to comment on college football said we were going to be bad. We had an undersized OL learning how to play differently under live fire conditions and we had no QB. We decided to rip the bandaid off and force feed the new system to prove we were no longer an option team to make the point to fans, the media and most importantly HS players and coaches. So yeah, we were going to suck no matter who the OC was.
There is a difference between bad and what we were. That is the whole point.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
If you don’t see what coach Collins is building your a blindo and no one can change that, we are looking good in almost every statistical category and starting two freshmen who are going to be super stars, remember Jeff sims didn’t even get a regular offseason to prepare. The games we have lost we beat ourselves, but you guys are watching a masterpiece being put together. Let’s get some of these underclassmen defensive players groomed and we are going to be rolling. Anyone without any patience towards what Collins is doing is ignorant just like the Ugag fans that think their going to win the national title every year. Be patient and excited that Tech is actually on the radar for kids now.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
I won’t go as far as masterpiece but yeah it’s becoming way clearer the direction both offensively and defensively what his vision is. This level of criticism is embarrassing at this point.

Scubapro

Banned
If you don’t see what coach Collins is building your a blindo and no one can change that, we are looking good in almost every statistical category and starting two freshmen who are going to be super stars, remember Jeff sims didn’t even get a regular offseason to prepare. The games we have lost we beat ourselves, but you guys are watching a masterpiece being put together. Let’s get some of these underclassmen defensive players groomed and we are going to be rolling. Anyone without any patience towards what Collins is doing is ignorant just like the Ugag fans that think their going to win the national title every year. Be patient and excited that Tech is actually on the radar for kids now.
Yes...However...stats are great but you have to win in order to impress recruits ... which is his schtick ... recruit...recruit ... recruit. I like it but if you look like a coaching dumpster fire in 2019 and in UCF / Cuse.
Yes, we are at an overall talent disparity. But the offense didn't know the plays --- Patenaude's quote --- They haven't been able to line up correctly or know the snap count add that to some bat sheet crazy play calling and you are gonna get criticized and rightly so.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
2019? You talking 2019? No one cares about 2019 except 1 team - LSU. And look where they are now. Just like no one cares about the Citadel game, no one cares about the UCF or Syracuse because they are done. Nothing we can do now except the one thing Collins is doing - getting better players at all 24 positions.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
2019? You talking 2019? No one cares about 2019 except 1 team - LSU. And look where they are now. Just like no one cares about the Citadel game, no one cares about the UCF or Syracuse because they are done. Nothing we can do now except the one thing Collins is doing - getting better players at all 24 positions.

Funny people always seem to care about calling out stuff from x year to now. And yes the Citadel game will forever be an embarrassment. Just like JMU is for VT.

herb

Helluva Engineer

the improvement is marked, year over year. And from what I have seen it could have been even better as there have been players running free and we weren’t able to get the ball to them at times. But don’t gaslight us and tell us losses don’t matter

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Funny people always seem to care about calling out stuff from x year to now. And yes the Citadel game will forever be an embarrassment. Just like JMU is for VT.
the improvement is marked, year over year. And from what I have seen it could have been even better as there have been players running free and we weren’t able to get the ball to them at times. But don’t gaslight us and tell us losses don’t matter
Why exactly does The citadel loss matter now?