Dante Wigley

Status
Not open for further replies.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I don't think he would be going the Junior College route if grades were not involved. As far as losing so much potential, well you could say that about anybody, he never really demonstrated that he will be greatly missed. I appreciate his efforts to make it at Tech but at the end of the day, it was just not for him. Hopefully, he will do well whereever he ends up but as for our football team, it opens up an opportunity to bring someone else in that hopefully will be a better fit and potentially will be a great player.

Go Jackets!

Most likely the case for sure... if not grades would either transfer and sit another year to Div 1 or drop down to just 1AA (yea I know, old terminology) to be able to play against 'better than JC talent' to prove what he can do.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Cooper Taylor, but he was also FCS before he went to the NFL.
Colin Peek transferred to Alabama and won a National Championship.
Steven Threet transferred to Michigan and started for a year then went to Arizona State and started for a year.
Yup. Forgot about all of those though. Cooper is the only one in the league. Just remembered Taylor Bennett, but he eventually lost the job at LT.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
According to KQ, looks like wigley isn't the only one. I hope it's not a major piece moving on. Also looks like we have found our 2nd OL coach if that is the assistant he is talking about.

#GaTech FB finalizes a new assistant hire and more attrition (2) for the program. Find out more in the JOL WAR ROOM. georgiatech.forums.rivals.com/threads/war-ro…

Squints

Helluva Engineer
The Jackets' streak of transfers, injuries and quitters has to stop eventually, doesn't it?

Probably not considering it happens to every single college team at every single level.

Maybe we should get a Buddha statue to pair with Jobu and hope there isn't any trouble.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
My guess is he was borderline with his academics and could have tried sticking it out, maybe like JHD, but got advice to leave.

Good prospect to be sure, however as many have pointed out we've got some other guys who are also good prospects.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I know what I know. I'm sorry that troubles you. But, it doesn't obligate me to say more.

I'm not bothered. If you wanted to post that you know something we don't know, that's fine.

By saying that he got bad advice, I errantly assumed that you wanted to communicate something regarding advice given to him, as the words you chose would suggest.

Now, of course, we could post that a person has received bad advice or good advice in any thread because that's true of everybody. It becomes meaningful when the receiving of such advice is put into context. That's what I asked for. Without context, it remains a meaningless post.

I am not bothered.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Geez. I forgot you were in charge of deciding what was, and was not, of meaning.

smh. I explained why I considered it meaningless. If you think you conveyed meaning, respond to the substance of my post rather than stooping to a personal attack.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I know what I know. I'm sorry that troubles you. But, it doesn't obligate me to say more.

I just don't get the point of your post. The only thing it seems to do is indicate you have inside information which you cannot divulge. If that's the case, why bother letting everyone know? Unless your purpose was just to call attention to yourself? Again, I don't know you from Adam's house cat, and I am sure you know what you're talking about, but I am not sure what you were trying to accomplish.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dante Wigley and Gary Brown are good reasons why we as fan need to pump our breaks when we anoint anyone or say a position group will be "stacked". Never know how attrition will play out...especially at GT.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I just don't get the point of your post. The only thing it seems to do is indicate you have inside information which you cannot divulge. If that's the case, why bother letting everyone know? Unless your purpose was just to call attention to yourself? Again, I don't know you from Adam's house cat, and I am sure you know what you're talking about, but I am not sure what you were trying to accomplish.

Fwiw, I think @DrJacket really thinks you and I are just being troublemakers or stupid and that his post actually was clear and added value to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.