Dante Wigley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Grades most likely played a role here.

I was looking forward to him & Dorian holding down the corner spots oh well.

GT still has a 6'2 corner and perhaps someone will develop.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'll reiterate....I wish he had been getting better advice.
Maybe the better advice should have been before he signed on, or it may be what you meant. But if one semester was enough to tell him a technical gig was not in his future, then good for him. Move before you throw a very short football career away, and don't waste anybody's time.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Very disappointed
Jair Anderson coming in as a WR but I can see him as a DB
Collins maybe a step slow for corner

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think he would be going the Junior College route if grades were not involved. As far as losing so much potential, well you could say that about anybody, he never really demonstrated that he will be greatly missed. I appreciate his efforts to make it at Tech but at the end of the day, it was just not for him. Hopefully, he will do well whereever he ends up but as for our football team, it opens up an opportunity to bring someone else in that hopefully will be a better fit and potentially will be a great player.

Go Jackets!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It is very hard to keep 18-21 year olds focused on their long term future. The short term is all they want to focus on. I wish Dante the best, but I wish he had stayed.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
I may be drawing a blank, but has there been anyone in recent years to transfer out of Tech who found legit FBS success? Vad is the only one who comes to mind, but he's FCS. And no I'm not bashing FCS.
Cooper Taylor, but he was also FCS before he went to the NFL.
Colin Peek transferred to Alabama and won a National Championship.
Steven Threet transferred to Michigan and started for a year then went to Arizona State and started for a year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Health competition
One or two young guys leave w no hard feelings.
Unhealthy competition
Upper classmen leave after being moved to multiple needed positions.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It is very hard to keep 18-21 year olds focused on their long term future. The short term is all they want to focus on. I wish Dante the best, but I wish he had stayed.
At the risk of seeming the devil's advocate, not many 18-23 year olds should be planning long term. A whole lot of things take care of themselves, and the ticket is to figure out over some period of time -- past college years -- what it is you really want to do. Lawyers become writers, journalists become lawyers, historians become journalists or venture into marketing. I think we fall into a trap insisting that teenagers decide right this minute what the rest of their life will be. He will be fine if it is within him. If not, college or major of choice makes no never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.