Damon Stoudamire

GT33

Helluva Engineer
my terrible first impression of him. From what y’all are saying apparently he’s a huge sports fan!
I’m not on campus as much as many on here but the percentage of times I see Cabrera at a sporting event is high, extraordinarily high compared to his predecessors. On tv he’s courtside often, he tweets, etc. He’s talked about what his vision is and what Batt’s going to do. The leadership is aligned and I’m not sure we’ve ever had that at GT even when Homer Rice was here.

I’m not often amazed, but Cabrera is not just going to be good for GT sports he’s going to be exactly what GT across the board needed for a long time and he knows how to get **** done. A great hire in my opinion and he’s been making great decisions.

I’m liking this Stoudamire hire. Maybe I’ll eat my words but I think we hired a good leader for our basketball program, not just a good guy like last time.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Whether President Cabrera is a sports fan or not as well as how many games he attends is inconsequential compared to the degree to which the people working at GTAA believe he is going to support our sports programs to the extent required to make us successful. Our previous President gave a lot of lip service and attended his fair share of games with his wife, but the reality is he did not give the AD what was needed to have winning programs. I get the feeling that ADJB is getting what he needs to build winning sports programs at Tech.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’m not really sure I have strong feelings about the press conference. I do think we will see a lot of transfers - CDS is quiet and serious - a virtual 180 from Pastner and the type of personalities drawn to him. Blue Cain already is gone.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If we are going to be taking a lot of 3’s then we have several guys who will be hitting the portal because we have guards who can’t shoot. It’s that simple. He’s going to have to run off players to make room for others. And I’m fine with that because watching our offense is painful most of the time.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If we are going to be taking a lot of 3’s then we have several guys who will be hitting the portal because we have guards who can’t shoot. It’s that simple. He’s going to have to run off players to make room for others. And I’m fine with that because watching our offense is painful most of the time.

I think you'd be surprised at how the type of shot dictated shooting moreso than actual shooting ability.

We took a lot of bad, contested shots this season. Out guys aren't that bad as shooters.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Kyle and Smith would be the suspect 3 point shooters. So a direct copy of the Boston offense isn’t likely - especially if we can’t get a Horford level 5. And I think the portal 5 will determine if we can play 5 out or 4 out.

Regardless we do have enough shooting already to space the floor as we did end of the year. That is what we need. Whether it looks like Boston and shoots as many 3’s as Boston is secondary

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Kelly, Terry, and even Sturdivant were very good to excellent from 3 in our last 8-10 games or so. Only Deebo shot poorly during that stretch run. Based on expectations after last year, Deebo shot poorly all season other than a few hot streaks.

Sturdivant is an interesting case. From memory, I believe he shot approx 40% from 3 down the stretch and he was money from the free throw line the last few games after shooting only about 50% on free throws for most of the season.

His assist:turnover ratio was great during the end of the season run, and he is frankly an elite (sorry) midrange jump shooter, especially by modern college bball standards.