Cuckolding News Network aka CNN

Deleted member 2897

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/health/cuckolding-sex-kerner/index.html

Quick survey for the CNN loving FoxNews and drudge hating members here. Is this an example of fine journalism? And do you think this could be beneficial to your own relationships. If so I have a lot of single buddies that might be willing to help ya out. :LOL: So long as your wives are hot at least. SMH.

#1: That is a pitiful excuse for journalism.
#2: A major network advocating for adultery is pathetic.
#3: Its the pajama-boy emasculated guys like from the original Obamacare ads that are the stereotype - as usual, they can't even get their fake news correct.

131218_lowry_pajamaboy.jpg

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/health/cuckolding-sex-kerner/index.html

Quick survey for the CNN loving FoxNews and drudge hating members here. Is this an example of fine journalism? And do you think this could be beneficial to your own relationships. If so I have a lot of single buddies that might be willing to help ya out. :LOL: So long as your wives are hot at least. SMH.

Ok but I have a secret for you: thinking Fox News sucks isn’t exclusive with thinking cnn is a great news source.

I stick to the National Review, realclearpolitics, I check out what Tom Sowell writes which is sadly infrequent now, George Will, Ross Douthat etc.

I also look for thoughtful stuff in the Atlantic and read Damon Linker in the Week pretty frequently.

I used to read Matt Walsh but he’s become very shrill and moral panicky.

Ben Shapiro is usually decent but needs some seasoning.

For actual news and not commentary there’s the Wall Street journal and sites like Forbes.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
#1: That is a pitiful excuse for journalism.
#2: A major network advocating for adultery is pathetic.
#3: Its the pajama-boy emasculated guys like from the original Obamacare ads that are the stereotype - as usual, they can't even get their fake news correct.

131218_lowry_pajamaboy.jpg

I actually don’t know that it is a pitiful excuse anymore. That writer probably generated more clicks and ad revenue than a thoughtful ad.

The mission behind large market journalism has changed.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ok but I have a secret for you: thinking Fox News sucks isn’t exclusive with thinking cnn is a great news source.

I stick to the National Review, realclearpolitics, I check out what Tom Sowell writes which is sadly infrequent now, George Will, Ross Douthat etc.

I also look for thoughtful stuff in the Atlantic and read Damon Linker in the Week pretty frequently.

I used to read Matt Walsh but he’s become very shrill and moral panicky.

Ben Shapiro is usually decent but needs some seasoning.

For actual news and not commentary there’s the Wall Street journal and sites like Forbes.

Lol...I wasn’t asking you for recommendations. I do like several you put forward though. Sowell is incredibly unappreciated and Shapiro is a rising star in philosophical thought / debate.

I have a secret for you. Most who hate FN put CNN on a pedestal, along with NYT and CNBC.

Do you feel as negatively about CNN as you do FoxNews? Both have taken quite a tumble since they were founded.

I’m also slightly curious if you care to promote any cable news outlets that counter balances CNN/MSNBC? I’m a tad skeptical.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
MW-FC101_news_20161215131112_NS.jpg

I thought this chart from last year was pretty spot-on. I might argue that CNN should be in the skews liberal column, but it's garbage regardless of political affiliation. Otherwise I like this chart.

I'm moderate so I find a balance of The Economist and The Atlantic to meet my needs of being able to develop my own opinions absent of political alignment. As a tv network, Al Jazeera was quite good too, but people couldn't get beyond the name. :rolleyes:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I thought this chart from last year was pretty spot-on. I might argue that CNN should be in the skews liberal column, but it's garbage regardless of political affiliation. Otherwise I like this chart.

I'm moderate so I find a balance of The Economist and The Atlantic to meet my needs of being able to develop my own opinions absent of political alignment. As a tv network, Al Jazeera was quite good too, but people couldn't get beyond the name. :rolleyes:

LOL. The suggestion that the mainstream media has little partison bias is crazy imo.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Two points:

1. I believe the chart represents the net position of news agencies. An agency in the middle can swing wildly on an individual piece, and an agency that typically produces reputable work can produce poor work at times.
2. I think it's easy for people to view this with their own biases. I.E. if the viewer is very liberal, they might disagree with HuffPo being "hyper-liberal" and ABC being in the center. It's human nature.

I would contend the nature of media is such that - in order to appeal to the "mainstream" (defining roughly as large swaths of the population) - a firm needs to provide neutral or balanced coverage... unless you're buzzfeed or CNN, then click bait works too

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Two points:

1. I believe the chart represents the net position of news agencies. An agency in the middle can swing wildly on an individual piece, and an agency that typically produces reputable work can produce poor work at times.
2. I think it's easy for people to view this with their own biases. I.E. if the viewer is very liberal, they might disagree with HuffPo being "hyper-liberal" and ABC being in the center. It's human nature.

I would contend the nature of media is such that - in order to appeal to the "mainstream" (defining roughly as large swaths of the population) - a firm needs to provide neutral or balanced coverage... unless you're buzzfeed or CNN, then click bait works too

Yeah, I understand what it's trying to say. I think it's laughable.

Using your own logic, if the people making the chart are liberal, they may think they're in the middle.

The fact is that nearly half the country voted for Trump, and the mainstream has been 90% antiTrump. And there we're not talking pundits and commentators but straight news reporting.

Deleted member 2897

I mean no personal offense, but this chart is garbage. I mean really. The New York Times, CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, CNN are not biased? Have you ever watched them or read them? I mean for real. If you look the lady up that made that (its just one individual lady), she has another chart that also has a Y-Axis that says things like "fair persuasion" and "nonsense, damaging to public discourse". Well guess what, she has MSNBC as only leaning Liberal that gives a fair persuasive opinion, but puts Fox News in hyper-partisan and unfair interpretations/propaganda. How is it that the Liberal news outlets are either fair or slightly to the left with at least fair opinions, but not the media on the right? I mean, the volume of unfair and misleading interpretations that come out of the left leaning mainstream media is amazing. This chart is garbage. When I watch the news, the Today Show on NBC, the Nightly News on NBC, MSNBC, FoxNews - they are all the same, just different levels of shrill from opposite biases. Sure, they each have a few "hard news" folks who are pretty good, but they get drowned out by the general theme that everyone else follows.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Sadly that was from 2005. Things change over time. Feels like CNN and others have drifted further left since then.
Wonder if there is something more recent?

Since then the Wall Street Journal has gone more to the left. I used to like it pretty good but now....meh. CNN is a joke. Sad how they have fallen from the early 90s.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Since then the Wall Street Journal has gone more to the left. I used to like it pretty good but now....meh. CNN is a joke. Sad how they have fallen from the early 90s.
Mainstream media is now 100% politicized & the roots start in my mind way back in the infancy of the Vietnam War. US & South Vietnam in order to thwart the Viet Cong insurgency embarked on a strategy to win the hearts and minds of the rural population. CORDS (Civil Operations and Revolutionary Development Support) was the program & although it was initiated too late to influence the ultimate outcome (along with other events obviously) led to a heightened prominence in military psychological operations when planning military theater strategy.

Both Democrats and Republicans as they have become more educated in the effectiveness of such tactics have over time infiltrated all factions of the media and there’s a daily battle to “get the message out” in order to steer our public’s perceptions. There is very little trustworthy & unbiased analysis out there & the internet has energized the rate & stop at which it can be delivered.

This has migrated into nearly every other facet of life. My company engages in managing the message and so does every one else- local governments, charities, Georgia Tech, etc. We carefully embellish accomplishments in order to project an aura of strength, mitigate bad news by getting out ahead and dampening the public’s reactions in order to do what’s best for us.

Whether it’s abortion- one hand it’s killing babies & on the other side it’s portrayed as marginalizing women by taking away their right to choose; Fiscal austerity- budget restraint is pushing granny off the cliff, tax increases is supporting families, elderly & the disadvantaged; Immigration reform is either racial hatred, breaking up families, etc or promoting diversity; Tax reform- fattening the wallets of the rich or punishing the little guy but tax increases are signs of a progressive nation giving back to the people. Education reform- either trying to keep the poor in their place or providing educational opportunities for those tha don’t have it.

If I’ve said it once I’ll say it again. We have a Constitution and we need to read it & follow it. No where does it guarantee outcomes. It is to ensure Justice, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty. We have lost our way & we either find our way back or we will perish as a nation.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
In the early 1960's there was an attempt to establish a conservative newspaper in Atlanta, the Atlanta Journal being considered as not truly conservative. Attempt failed. My father lost a few bucks.
A reading of history shows that the news media has been biased one way or another at least since Ben Franklin made a fortune in the news business.

My "editorial" on the issue is that the news media will stop lying to the readers 30 days after politicians stop lying to the voters. So don't hold your breath!

Trying to remember the last free country that remained free after the loss of it's free press. Will let you know when I think of it.