CPJ Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
You’re the one throwing around completely baseless claims, and defending your points with flawed anecdotal evidence that I’ve already disputed with actual facts.

LOL! you post no facts, just your opinion. I backed everything I said to you with links.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

and what reasons did he give as to why we would be bad on O-line?

And if you go back and read what i actually wrote instead to how i've been misquoted, I agree that transitioning from 3O technique wise could be the issue and not just talent (whether its poor coaching or not, I didn't get into that). That's my whole point. I don't understand how that is some far fetched assumption.

I think what myself and others are trying to relay to you is that most of guys on the OL due to the transition to traditional doesnt not have the physical talent to execute those techniques

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I think what myself and others are trying to relay to you is that most of guys on the OL due to the transition to traditional doesnt not have the physical talent to execute those techniques
That's fine, that's yours and other's views. I can respect that.

Doesn't mean i agree.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
And it sounds like the same lazy argument we heard about our old offense (you can pick from: we chop block, we aren't built for 3rd and long {Hilarious because I would love to see these offenses that are built for 3rd and long}, We can't score quickly...) Its just the default easy plug and play argument that the media attaches to because they are too lazy to do any digging.

But i do agree I am excited about next year. Also look forward to the end of talent issue excuse as the roster will be flipped due to, and I quote you as you put it fondly, "cgc running things more like a factory".

How will there not be a talent issue excuse if you and others don’t believe we can recruit in the top 20 every other year to compete with those on schedule?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I’ll you a perfect example. Did you think Jaquan Henderson could play Rush End

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
How will there not be a talent issue excuse if you and others don’t believe we can recruit in the top 20 to compete with those on schedule?
I should clarify, I mean t if we have another trainwreck season.

I don't think we will btw.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
How will there not be a talent issue excuse if you and others don’t believe we can recruit in the top 20 every other year to compete with those on schedule?
you yourself have admitted you don't think we could consistently recruit to even the levels of Miami. But this is what's happened (roster flipping), the roster was flipped like ya'lll wanted so I don't want to hear that as an excuse if things go south this season.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Which is hilarious because I praised CGC as a goodDC lol.
Right. I don't know why so many people on here are so sensitive when it comes to Collins as a head coach. It is clear that he is still unproven as a head coach. Just because he's good at marketing doesn't mean he's a good coach when games are actually played. Temple didn't set the world on fire when he was there. And so far, at GT he hasn't been good. His record speaks for itself. Sure I'll give him a couple more years to see what he can do. But his track record has not shown that he can turn around a program. It's just funny to me that some guys are so sure that it will happen.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
And it sounds like the same lazy argument we heard about our old offense (you can pick from: we chop block, we aren't built for 3rd and long {Hilarious because I would love to see these offenses that are built for 3rd and long}, We can't score quickly...) Its just the default easy plug and play argument that the media attaches to because they are too lazy to do any digging.

But i do agree I am excited about next year. Also look forward to the end of talent issue excuse as the roster will be flipped due to, and I quote you as you put it fondly, "cgc running things more like a factory".
FWIW he loved PJ’s offense just felt like if we had been able to add more to it we would have been unstoppable. And yes I think we have the guys to take a pretty big step forward this year.

Wow...it is the offseason after 2 bad seasons....Bottom line, this is the year that CGC needs to show improvement. And improvement is not playing games close and losing. He needs to win 6 games or his future at Tech starts to go in doubt. Personally, I think the schedule is too hard to achieve this and as I have said many times, our offensive scheme does not fit here. But let's see what happens.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Wow...it is the offseason after 2 bad seasons....Bottom line, this is the year that CGC needs to show improvement. And improvement is not playing games close and losing. He needs to win 6 games or his future at Tech starts to go in doubt. Personally, I think the schedule is too hard to achieve this and as I have said many times, our offensive scheme does not fit here. But let's see what happens.

So what offensive scheme fits here? A matter of fact what is the offensive scheme?

Milwaukee

Banned
It’s interesting that a coach who could basically decide where he wants to be and get a job isn’t good enough for some Tech fans. At some point will we ever understand that it takes talent to win no matter how special some think a coach is?
Some of our fans will never understand football. “The jury is still out on Key as an OL coach” is one of the most idiotic takes I’ve ever heard here, and that says a lot.

Milwaukee

Banned
Ill reserve judgement on him for a little bit longer but ranking 130th and 123rd in your first two seasons isn't a great start. Yes I know, unprecedented monumental rebuild, division 5 talent, blah blah blah. If he is one of the best in the business then I would expect a bit more even with those handicaps.
Wow.

So what offensive scheme fits here? A matter of fact what is the offensive scheme?
I have answered this before multiple running triple RPO and run and shoot elements. And please don't try to tell me CDP runs this. He does not. He runs Texas highschool offense. I re watched all our games from last year. It was clear that midway through the season they stopped Simms from designed runs and true option plays. Go watch GA Southern or Coastal Carolina

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
i don’t have to tell you anything. I can just show you

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
to go on a tangent - I have long said that sports talk radio, as a medium, is pretty bad. and its bottom is the Atlanta market's putrid attempts at it.
I have also said just wait, the radio hacks will turn on Collins, because they're front runners.
Listening to them the day after the Georgia loss in 2019, they didn't waste time.

If those guys, who aside from Dimino are loathe to do their own homework, would, well, do their own homework, they could go on 247sports and research Tech's recruiting to see what the offers and prospects and visits were over time.
But, they mix lazy with bad, so they never will. They have their narratives, they flagellate them incessantly and then they get free drinks somewhere.
FWIW, I'm not a Dimino fan, but I respect him because he puts in the work. I like Cellini and Mike Bell on a personal level.
Domino gets paid by the word

Status
Not open for further replies.