CPJ Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don’t have to tell you anything. I can just show you

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Last year not this. He changed it all up.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of our fans will never understand football. “The jury is still out on Key as an OL coach” is one of the most idiotic takes I’ve ever heard here, and that says a lot.
^ When you can’t respond on the facts so you resort to insulting the other persons ability to understand football or general knowledge. Nicely done. Please tell us more about how much more you know than everyone else.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Right. I don't know why so many people on here are so sensitive when it comes to Collins as a head coach. It is clear that he is still unproven as a head coach. Just because he's good at marketing doesn't mean he's a good coach when games are actually played. Temple didn't set the world on fire when he was there. And so far, at GT he hasn't been good. His record speaks for itself. Sure I'll give him a couple more years to see what he can do. But his track record has not shown that he can turn around a program. It's just funny to me that some guys are so sure that it will happen.
This. And saying he is unproven is different than saying he is a bad coach.

no one was expecting CGC to come out and field winning teams from the outset. And I agree that he did not have the players he needed when he got here. We can talk about talent until we are blue in the face but there are plenty of red flags that have been discussed that have nothing to do with talent. Those are what concern me.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

and what reasons did he give as to why we would be bad on O-line?

And if you go back and read what i actually wrote instead to how i've been misquoted, I agree that transitioning from 3O technique wise could be the issue and not just talent (whether its poor coaching or not, I didn't get into that). That's my whole point. I don't understand how that is some far fetched assumption.
Missed your question...sorry about that. He follows ACC football pretty closely and since I went to Tech stays pretty informed on what we’re doing. His basic points were 1) our OL was undersized (which we all know) and even bulking up in a way that increases size and strength is tough in one off season, 2) he questioned the body types we had, height, arm length, etc, 3) but even if we could address those issues we had guys who had spent however much time they had been in school unlearning what they probably did in HS and learning different techniques. Yes they can learn a new way of playing but there are reasons most OL recruits don’t play until year 2 or 3. Partly to get bigger and stronger but also to learn to play the position. We were asking ALL of our OL to do it in a very tight window. And on top of that the unit was learning how to play together at the same time. Add in the injuries and it snowballed.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Missed your question...sorry about that. He follows ACC football pretty closely and since I went to Tech stays pretty informed on what we’re doing. His basic points were 1) our OL was undersized (which we all know) and even bulking up in a way that increases size and strength is tough in one off season, 2) he questioned the body types we had, height, arm length, etc, 3) but even if we could address those issues we had guys who had spent however much time they had been in school unlearning what they probably did in HS and learning different techniques. Yes they can learn a new way of playing but there are reasons most OL recruits don’t play until year 2 or 3. Partly to get bigger and stronger but also to learn to play the position. We were asking ALL of our OL to do it in a very tight window. And on top of that the unit was learning how to play together at the same time. Add in the injuries and it snowballed.
I wonder also if your brother watched some games where we basically had almost all backups/ walk ons due to injuries because the size difference thing really isn't there.

But if you go back and read my point, it was that I think it has more to do with transitioning from 3O technique to pass pro than a talent thing. Anyways thanks for the info. Can't believe I was a part of this level derailment. Feel like I just woke up with a hang over.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Right. I don't know why so many people on here are so sensitive when it comes to Collins as a head coach. It is clear that he is still unproven as a head coach. Just because he's good at marketing doesn't mean he's a good coach when games are actually played. Temple didn't set the world on fire when he was there. And so far, at GT he hasn't been good. His record speaks for itself. Sure I'll give him a couple more years to see what he can do. But his track record has not shown that he can turn around a program. It's just funny to me that some guys are so sure that it will happen.
It's not that people are sensitive, it just that EVERY time you post, you're ****ting on the coach again.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think the CPJ vs. CCG vs. CGC vs. CBC vs. CBD ...etc. has been rehashed ad nauseum. Everybody retreat to their respective corners and we will resume this lively and entertaining debate after a brief respite. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.