CPJ Radio Show

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My only complaint is that it was kind of hard to hear in there. Lots of talking in the back of the room and the speakers were a bit weak. So, I got to chatting with people after the show and walked out of there without paying my bill. Got all the way to my car before I remembered. Haha. It's a good thing I didn't drive home!

I echo this. We got there not long after 6:30 and they seated us in the overflow area...when the show started we finished our food and SWMBO & I moved over to stand near the bar to try to hear, since we simply couldn't hear what CPJ was saying over in the overflow area. But we did pay our bill first :)

Oh, and I thought the new guy did just fine (from what I could hear). No real chemistry yet with CPJ but that takes some time....

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
It took me awhile to like Brandon after Wes. I found myself mostly focusing on CPJ which means Andy was doing his job. I am sure he'll improve as Brandon did. Will be interesting to hear his play by play with effortwarrior79 providing color!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Didn't he say that about Vad? :sneaky:
I know you're just making a joke, but figured I'd answer this...I think he said similar things at the beginning of Vad's first camp (i.e. He looked better/more prepared than I thought he'd be) but as the weeks went on he was working to temper expectations. Has he ever tried to slow down the Hype train on Mills? Seems to me it's been just about all positives.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
CPJ's voice seemed upbeat. Maybe just me, but seemed like a poker player who knew he was playing with a good hand.

Maybe he is upbeat because he is approaching 59 1/2 and can tap into his IRA without penalty. I know I became upbeat at that time. Maybe he has renewed energy from pro-biotics.

Seriously, I think he is upbeat because he knows he knows what he is doing and he believes he has the tools (players with skill and depth). He also seems to have the desire to rebound and once again prove himself as an elite coach of a unique and successful football program. I believe he is truly having fun and really likes these players. I really like his "new" persona.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he is upbeat because he is approaching 59 1/2 and can tap into his IRA without penalty. I know I became upbeat at that time. Maybe he has renewed energy from pro-biotics.

Something tells me CPJ is doing alright. The ability to tap into his IRA isn't much of a factor as it is for some us...lol.

He may be upbeat because MBob is finally gone...(low blow)

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Concerning Andy, InsideLB said exactly what I would have said. Brandon grew on me in time, and I'm sure Andy will too.

I thought it was a comparably bland show, but later starting thinking about all of the positives CPJ said and his tone of voice when he said them.

When asked who had impressed the most since last year, he said he didn't like to single people out, but the offensive line as a position group.

He named six wide receivers he expected to play and six A backs, I think it was. I don't think PJ tries to find playing time for six guys unless there is a ton of talent and he wants to use that many.

Mills. 226 pounds, tough runner, balance, good speed, football sense. We discussed recently that when guys are roughly the same, the guy in the program longer gets rewarded with the start. Marshall is good. If Dedrick passed him, he must be really good.

Team chemistry and attitude. Can't remember specifics, but he had good things to say.

When discussing Justin, PJ implied something about all the skill position players being a big step above what Justin had to work with last year. Lots of
"explosion play" type players.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I just listened to it while writing a paper.
1) If you don't ask CPJ a stupid a$$ question, he will give you an in-depth answer.
2) I only counted "toe meets leather"3 times (very surprising)
3) Andy sounds boring to me and he is married, so that's no fun

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Concerning Andy, InsideLB said exactly what I would have said. Brandon grew on me in time, and I'm sure Andy will too.

I thought it was a comparably bland show, but later starting thinking about all of the positives CPJ said and his tone of voice when he said them.

When asked who had impressed the most since last year, he said he didn't like to single people out, but the offensive line as a position group.

He named six wide receivers he expected to play and six A backs, I think it was. I don't think PJ tries to find playing time for six guys unless there is a ton of talent and he wants to use that many.

Mills. 226 pounds, tough runner, balance, good speed, football sense. We discussed recently that when guys are roughly the same, the guy in the program longer gets rewarded with the start. Marshall is good. If Dedrick passed him, he must be really good.

Team chemistry and attitude. Can't remember specifics, but he had good things to say.

When discussing Justin, PJ implied something about all the skill position players being a big step above what Justin had to work with last year. Lots of
"explosion play" type players.

Maybe all the injuries last year has convinced him that having 6 A Backs playing is not too many.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Not many new questions you can ask, that haven't been asked this off season. It should get lots better with a game to talk about.