CPJ Radio show

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Isn’t there a time delay on one of the broadcast? How do you sync it up?
I have found the following:
  • GT App on my phone is real-time
  • TuneIn(?) broadcast link on my tablet is delayed about 10 seconds
  • TV broadcast on Xfinity device is delayed about 10 seconds
I no longer watch the broadcast but only listen to the GT App on my phone. The TV delay works great when we have a play that I want to see but it ticks my husband off because I'll go running in to watch it and already know how the play ends. He complains that I spoil the surprise.:ROFLMAO:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I have found the following:
  • GT App on my phone is real-time
  • TuneIn(?) broadcast link on my tablet is delayed about 10 seconds
  • TV broadcast on Xfinity device is delayed about 10 seconds
I no longer watch the broadcast but only listen to the GT App on my phone. The TV delay works great when we have a play that I want to see but it ticks my husband off because I'll go running in to watch it and already know how the play ends. He complains that I spoil the surprise.:ROFLMAO:
So the tune in audio feed is already synced to the Xfinity video feed? Correct?

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
This past Saturday, it was very close. Toward the end of the game the app was about 2 seconds ahead of actual play on TV. I felt like Nostradamus.

It would be a great feature in the app to dial in an audio delay.
Even more simply would be just a pause/play/skip ahead 5 seconds/skip back 5 seconds control bar. That way, on the opening kick off, you just pause the audio in the app right after the kicker makes contact with the ball (the audible thunk) and then wait for the TV broadcast to get to that point and unpause right after you see the kicker make contact with the ball. Audio and TV should stay in sync the rest of the game...

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Right now, we have for next year Lucas, Tobias and James Graham who have taken snaps at QB and two pretty talented guys coming in. That's okay, but it's possible that 1 of these guys who doesn't win the starting job is too good an athlete to keep just as a back-up QB. We had that situation with Matthew Jordan, for example. We perhaps have a comparable situation at B-Back with Jordan, Jerry, and Christian plus guys coming in. We had Anthony Allen play A-Back even when we knew he'd be the B-Back the next year.

It seems very logical for Mason to play AB next year and then move back to the BB rotation after Benson leaves. He has a head start at practicing AB already and there will be less competition for PT at AB vs BB next year. We will need his blocking as well as his running ability at AB next year with only Cottrell having meaningful experience. For depth throw in Jarrett, one of the freshmen or Gantt, and AB may be OK..