CPJ Radio show

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Question for those that have attended the live show on Mondays, what time do you need to show up to get a good seat/table?

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I think I arrived around 6:45 last week and ended up with the last booth available, and I would not consider it as "good". The show before that, we arrived about the same time and were at the bar on the far side, again not "good". So I'm not sure how early you need to get there other than to say earlier than 6:45.

By the way, I thought the acoustics and side conversations were bad at the Three Dollar Cafe, but it is worse at Six Feet Under. It is very difficult to hear the show if you are on the other side of the U-shaped bar. But I'm 2 for 2 on winning a Tech shirt so all is not bad.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Well, I've only been to one show so far this season, but I have attended regularly in the past. I'd say that as a general rule, you'd probably want to show up around 6:00-6:15, if you want to get a good seat. I usually get there earlier than that, even--but then again I work on campus and its a quick jaunt to the venue straight from my office.

If you can sit on the front side of the bar, the sound quality is actually pretty good, despite the generally poor acoustical set-up of the bar (at least, it was last week, but I heard it was not-so-good for the prior shows).

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm boycotting Six Feet Under. I went there with 3 other buddies to watch the Tech game thinking, since they host the radio show, surely, it must be a watering hole for Tech fans... well it wasn't. We were one of the first people there and were ensured that they will show the game and they did after we asked for channels to be switched on TVs near us... here's the kicker, no audio. They don't do audio so you have to watch in silence. For any game. We were told that since a few weeks ago, they adopted a policy of no audio for any of their games b/c it was causing issues with fans being very vocal (huh?). So after downing our beers and scarfing down the burger that I had already ordered before we knew about audio, we promptly left. I told the manager there I don't understand about the no-audio thing and was confused by what they were trying to be. I said "Are you a sports bar?" and he quickly replied "we're not"... okay then I'm confused by the message because you have all these TVs everywhere.... Anyway, that's that, not going back again.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm boycotting Six Feet Under. I went there with 3 other buddies to watch the Tech game thinking, since they host the radio show, surely, it must be a watering hole for Tech fans... well it wasn't. We were one of the first people there and were ensured that they will show the game and they did after we asked for channels to be switched on TVs near us... here's the kicker, no audio. They don't do audio so you have to watch in silence. For any game. We were told that since a few weeks ago, they adopted a policy of no audio for any of their games b/c it was causing issues with fans being very vocal (huh?). So after downing our beers and scarfing down the burger that I had already ordered before we knew about audio, we promptly left. I told the manager there I don't understand about the no-audio thing and was confused by what they were trying to be. I said "Are you a sports bar?" and he quickly replied "we're not"... okay then I'm confused by the message because you have all these TVs everywhere.... Anyway, that's that, not going back again.
Their food also hasn't been good for a long time.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So Iceeater, this means he's telling Woody to bring more pressure this Saturday?
He was very clear about not getting into telling his people how to do their jobs.
In context of have 4 3rd and 10s converted by my Miami , he said Woody and I were talking on Sunday what could be done. Some discussion of the rest of the package being installed. I think coach wanted him to know he was good with bringing pressure. Coach said - hey, bring 7.
I do not think it came across as I told him to do something .

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He was very clear about not getting into telling his people how to do their jobs.
In context of have 4 3rd and 10s converted by my Miami , he said Woody and I were talking on Sunday what could be done. Some discussion of the rest of the package being installed. I think coach wanted him to know he was good with bringing pressure. Coach said - hey, bring 7.
I do not think it came across as I told him to do something .

Thanks. Sounds sensible to me.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
True story: I live nearby and was looking for a place to have dinner with my family. Picked Six Feet under not realizing the coach’s show was going on - I thought it was at 3 dollar cafe. Surprised to see all of the Tech fans but hey that’s cool!

We arrived right around 6.45 and were able to grab a table in the back. I agree with other posters, we couldn’t hear much back there. But OTOH our table won two shirts easily worth 100$!

If you were there tonight I was the one in the Michigan sweater. Got my picture with Buzz who was obviously disappointed in my poor choice of clothing :ROFLMAO:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
A question and not meant as snarky: why on earth would you want the sound on? All that does is encourage awful announcing.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It has to do with not having his full d installed. Nate wants to do more.
I had not seen that particular prevent defense Tech used SaturdayL three up front, five aligned more than 10-12 yards back, and the last three five or 10 yards behind them. It worked fine when it was maybe third and 30 or so, but with 12 yards needed it was porous. But it was different and we need different.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I had not seen that particular prevent defense Tech used SaturdayL three up front, five aligned more than 10-12 yards back, and the last three five or 10 yards behind them. It worked fine when it was maybe third and 30 or so, but with 12 yards needed it was porous. But it was different and we need different.
I’ve seen it quite often. The guys are suppose to play the sticks and drive down on shorter routes.