CPJ Radio show

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
True story: I live nearby and was looking for a place to have dinner with my family. Picked Six Feet under not realizing the coach’s show was going on - I thought it was at 3 dollar cafe. Surprised to see all of the Tech fans but hey that’s cool!

We arrived right around 6.45 and were able to grab a table in the back. I agree with other posters, we couldn’t hear much back there. But OTOH our table won two shirts easily worth 100$!

If you were there tonight I was the one in the Michigan sweater. Got my picture with Buzz who was obviously disappointed in my poor choice of clothing :ROFLMAO:
I have to ageee with Buzz! Lol

I live in Michigan

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I had not seen that particular prevent defense Tech used SaturdayL three up front, five aligned more than 10-12 yards back, and the last three five or 10 yards behind them. It worked fine when it was maybe third and 30 or so, but with 12 yards needed it was porous. But it was different and we need different.
3rd and 32 gives you that option lol, we need different on 3rd and 7-12.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I had not seen that particular prevent defense Tech used SaturdayL three up front, five aligned more than 10-12 yards back, and the last three five or 10 yards behind them. It worked fine when it was maybe third and 30 or so, but with 12 yards needed it was porous. But it was different and we need different.
? I have seen it in most Home games

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm boycotting Six Feet Under. I went there with 3 other buddies to watch the Tech game thinking, since they host the radio show, surely, it must be a watering hole for Tech fans... well it wasn't. We were one of the first people there and were ensured that they will show the game and they did after we asked for channels to be switched on TVs near us... here's the kicker, no audio. They don't do audio so you have to watch in silence. For any game. We were told that since a few weeks ago, they adopted a policy of no audio for any of their games b/c it was causing issues with fans being very vocal (huh?). So after downing our beers and scarfing down the burger that I had already ordered before we knew about audio, we promptly left. I told the manager there I don't understand about the no-audio thing and was confused by what they were trying to be. I said "Are you a sports bar?" and he quickly replied "we're not"... okay then I'm confused by the message because you have all these TVs everywhere.... Anyway, that's that, not going back again.
You probably could have heard the game better if you were at BDS for it.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm boycotting Six Feet Under. I went there with 3 other buddies to watch the Tech game thinking, since they host the radio show, surely, it must be a watering hole for Tech fans... well it wasn't. We were one of the first people there and were ensured that they will show the game and they did after we asked for channels to be switched on TVs near us... here's the kicker, no audio. They don't do audio so you have to watch in silence. For any game. We were told that since a few weeks ago, they adopted a policy of no audio for any of their games b/c it was causing issues with fans being very vocal (huh?). So after downing our beers and scarfing down the burger that I had already ordered before we knew about audio, we promptly left. I told the manager there I don't understand about the no-audio thing and was confused by what they were trying to be. I said "Are you a sports bar?" and he quickly replied "we're not"... okay then I'm confused by the message because you have all these TVs everywhere.... Anyway, that's that, not going back again.
For times like this, you may want to try the Tunity app. It finds the audio for (most) tv channels, esp sports.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
He was very clear about not getting into telling his people how to do their jobs.
In context of have 4 3rd and 10s converted by my Miami , he said Woody and I were talking on Sunday what could be done. Some discussion of the rest of the package being installed. I think coach wanted him to know he was good with bringing pressure. Coach said - hey, bring 7.
I do not think it came across as I told him to do something .
Honestly, this tells me more about where he thinks the offense is right now. That’s the kind of stuff he says when he thinks we can score almost every time we have the ball. UVA (to say nothing of uga) seems to always give us fits, so we’ll see if he’s right.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

We have run it. The mid level or level 2 guys are not supposed to back pedal really at all.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen it quite often. The guys are suppose to play the sticks and drive down on shorter routes.

Our problem with this normally is that the runner alludes the first tackler driving down, runs through the second one for another 3-7 yards, and picks up the first. We need for the first guy to put an AUSTIN on the runner and put him down. A lot of this comes back to tackling issues with the younger DBs and our slower LBs more so than the scheme IMO. This should improve.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Our problem with this normally is that the runner alludes the first tackler driving down, runs through the second one for another 3-7 yards, and picks up the first. We need for the first guy to put an AUSTIN on the runner and put him down. A lot of this comes back to tackling issues with the younger DBs and our slower LBs more so than the scheme IMO. This should improve.
I think it has a lot to do with instincts too. We just don’t have any Julian Burnetts or PJ Davises out there at linebacker or that Thomas kid (Wes called him iPod) at db.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t read all the comments on here so sorry if this is a repost. I found it really interesting that CPJ said we had some guys (not seniors) that are walking Saturday because they are graduating and won’t be back. We have 24 walking I think. Some are probably walk ons, but I’d be interested in knowing who are on scholarships that are juniors and not coming back next year.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t read all the comments on here so sorry if this is a repost. I found it really interesting that CPJ said we had some guys (not seniors) that are walking Saturday because they are graduating and won’t be back. We have 24 walking I think. Some are probably walk ons, but I’d be interested in knowing who are on scholarships that are juniors and not coming back next year.

This is something that I didn’t consider for our football team. I have a relative that will soon graduate high school and he claims that he will be able to complete his Bachelor degree in less than two years after graduating high school because of all of the college classes he took while he was in high school. We probably have athletes who fall into this category. We need to get them signed up for grad school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This is something that I didn’t consider for our football team. I have a relative that will soon graduate high school and he claims that he will be able to complete his Bachelor degree in less than two years after graduating high school because of all of the college classes he took while he was in high school. We probably have athletes who fall into this category. We need to get them signed up for grad school.

We need to do a better job forecasting this. Miami does do this. They calculate the pre-trial and trial dates based on the calendar and know how many games a player is available for before he goes to prison. Of course, in GT's case, it's graduation ... but the concept is the same.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
We need to do a better job forecasting this. Miami does do this. They calculate the pre-trial and trial dates based on the calendar and know how many games a player is available for before he goes to prison. Of course, in GT's case, it's graduation ... but the concept is the same.

LMAO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow

Good question, I'd like to hear who as well. By my count we have 16 scholarship seniors and 4 non-scholarship seniors are found on RR.com. So 20 total seniors. That leaves 4 Juniors that are graduating and moving on.