CPJ Radio show

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
We need to do a better job forecasting this. Miami does do this. They calculate the pre-trial and trial dates based on the calendar and know how many games a player is available for before he goes to prison. Of course, in GT's case, it's graduation ... but the concept is the same.
Very funny Vespidae !

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We need to do a better job forecasting this. Miami does do this. They calculate the pre-trial and trial dates based on the calendar and know how many games a player is available for before he goes to prison. Of course, in GT's case, it's graduation ... but the concept is the same.

Also, they are very good about making sure they have enough weekend leave passes (from the Coral Gables Detention Center) for each of their players prior to the opening of their season.

Sparkybob

Georgia Tech Fan
I will note something interesting CPJ said on the radio show about the QB/BB depth in the future. He called it a very deep group and name-dropped Benson/Lucas Johnson as depth pieces and then said he might have to shift some guys to AB during the spring to get playing time.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
name-dropped Benson/Lucas Johnson as depth pieces and then said he might have to shift some guys to AB during the spring to get playing time.

What exactly does "depth piece" mean?

1. They will stay at their current position to provide depth? or

2. We have so much depth at these positions we are moving them to A-Back in the spring

Sparkybob

Georgia Tech Fan

2. We have so much depth at these positions we are moving them to A-Back in the spring

My memory is a bit fuzzy on the exact wording but I remember he name-dropped those 2 and then said something like we can move some guys to AB. From the context, I can't tell if he will consider moving Lucas or Benson to AB.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer

I took it, as those players are injured and will be back next year. When you add them to current players playing those positions we will have a lot of depth. I could see LJ the starting QB and move TO or JG to AB As well as move one of the three B.B. to ab.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I took it, as those players are injured and will be back next year. When you add them to current players playing those positions we will have a lot of depth. I could see LJ the starting QB and move TO or JG to AB As well as move one of the three B.B. to ab.

Right now, we have for next year Lucas, Tobias and James Graham who have taken snaps at QB and two pretty talented guys coming in. That's okay, but it's possible that 1 of these guys who doesn't win the starting job is too good an athlete to keep just as a back-up QB. We had that situation with Matthew Jordan, for example. We perhaps have a comparable situation at B-Back with Jordan, Jerry, and Christian plus guys coming in. We had Anthony Allen play A-Back even when we knew he'd be the B-Back the next year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
WE HAVE to move one of the bbacks to aback if Benson comes back.All we really have is Cottrell and he is limited in versatility (no passes caught, elusiveness) .It is almost '15 again.In fact, it may be a real problem.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
WE HAVE to move one of the bbacks to aback if Benson comes back.All we really have is Cottrell and he is limited in versatility (no passes caught, elusiveness) .It is almost '15 again.In fact, it may be a real problem.

Omahri and Xavier have played some, but yeah I don't remember seeing others play much at all

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I'm boycotting Six Feet Under. I went there with 3 other buddies to watch the Tech game thinking, since they host the radio show, surely, it must be a watering hole for Tech fans... well it wasn't. We were one of the first people there and were ensured that they will show the game and they did after we asked for channels to be switched on TVs near us... here's the kicker, no audio. They don't do audio so you have to watch in silence. For any game. We were told that since a few weeks ago, they adopted a policy of no audio for any of their games b/c it was causing issues with fans being very vocal (huh?). So after downing our beers and scarfing down the burger that I had already ordered before we knew about audio, we promptly left. I told the manager there I don't understand about the no-audio thing and was confused by what they were trying to be. I said "Are you a sports bar?" and he quickly replied "we're not"... okay then I'm confused by the message because you have all these TVs everywhere.... Anyway, that's that, not going back again.

I just bring a headphone and use the GT app for the game. Much better announcers as well. Hell, I turned off the TV volume at home on Saturday and ran my phone through the speaker system as well.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My memory is a bit fuzzy on the exact wording but I remember he name-dropped those 2 and then said something like we can move some guys to AB. From the context, I can't tell if he will consider moving Lucas or Benson to AB.

Benson will return to bback. I love the idea of Mason at aback. I love his blocking and I think he would do just as good at aback, maybe even better, than he does at bback.

(Not saying Mason isn’t a good bback..he is!)