CPJ On Current Transfers - Fair Article?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@kg01

Not meaning to be confrontational. I just don't see any way for CPJ to "fix" this on his end unless he stops giving interviews or only responds with vague PC non answers to questions.....it's a lose lose regardless. If we get "beat" in recruiting over an ajc article....then we are failing in recruiting. I feel pretty confident CPJ can overcome, in a face to face visit, any personal misconception created by an ajc article.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
What's the purpose of being more tactful? Is that so we can land a guy that is going to leave when he's sitting behind someone else who's better? It is what it is man...the thing he said that was the best is that he's not going to try to stop someone from leaving that doesn't want to be here. Works for me...if you think you can do better somewhere else, go ahead. That doesn't mean I don't disagree with it and think that some of these kids are making a poor decision, but it's still their poor decision to make...not mine.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
From listening to press conferences and the radio shows, I've heard CPJ talk enough that I whenever I read comments he's made I can practically hear the tone he said them with. It's rare that he says anything that is intended to be provocative or controversial. Maybe he has a position that is different from the way things are typically done and when he states that position then it can come across as provocative or controversial depending on your point of view.

slugboy

Staff member
The headline picked out the most provocative thing he said and made it seem like he was pissed. He wasn't. He was more philosophical and matter of fact.
There were a lot of quotes more in line with the basic conversation; none is more provocative, though.
I don't think it's the right quote, but you can see why they picked it.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
635985031436168924-1588577821_6359638270041068571834218228_boring.gif

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
If anyone here has not listened to the actual interview audio, please take a few minutes and listen to it. The AJC article picks and chooses select quotes from CPJ's interview and pieces them together in a way that makes them sound much different than the context in which he said them. His answers were very well made and several remarks he made about transferring in general were skewed to look like comments specific to our most recent transfers.

https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/0...81119800&hwt=dd3be0706a979e5bda4ee0869f7b25a0
Thanks for posting this link. I really enjoy hearing the entire interview.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I blame the elementary schools. It takes a village to give kids this sense of entitlement.
No. There we go again, deflecting the blame and it is always somebody else. Not us and the way we raise our kids and set our goals and expectations and hold them to it. It is always the teacher who, frankly, is like the military in one respect: if they get trash in odds are pretty fair there will be trash out. We have seen the enemy and all that stuff. Way too many parents, for example, make asses of themselves to coaches and teachers. They want participation medals.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I have no problem with what CPJ said , look at any team they all lose players. Wish those 3 the best of luck unless they go to uga.
I know of a football coach who once transferred from Georgia Southern to coach Navy, and then from Navy to coach some team in Atlanta. Wonder what Johnson might say about that?