CPJ interview - Nov 11

LibertyTurns

Banned
I hear you. But, to me, it's as you describe. There's a big difference between being in a gang and just throwin' up a sign. Big difference.

Sounds like you know the difference but most here don't and won't. That's why I responded to you the way I did. Most will read your post and make that colossal, "oh muh gard, we got gangsters on tha teem!" leap unnecessarily.
I lived in Watts. I believe I know what a gangbanger is. It’s not a bunch of punk kids trying to act cool. Some people on here need to get out a bit more.

My first roommate at GT was from Oakland. Smart kid but someone messed with his girlfriend and he found out, so he went back home and murdered the dude. He might be out of prison now but that dude was a GT gangbanger. I believe there’s gangbangers on campus but they’re extraordinarily rare indeed.

Milwaukee

Banned
11B047E9-86DA-41F3-8D03-6BB274E047B3.gif

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I lived in Watts. I believe I know what a gangbanger is. It’s not a bunch of punk kids trying to act cool. Some people on here need to get out a bit more.

My first roommate at GT was from Oakland. Smart kid but someone messed with his girlfriend and he found out, so he went back home and murdered the dude. He might be out of prison now but that dude was a GT gangbanger. I believe there’s gangbangers on campus but they’re extraordinarily rare indeed.

Nice deflection, Lib. No statute of limitations on murder and such.

So it was your "roommate's" gf, huh? Right, right. ;) what was your alibi? At home watching tv?

What was this thread about?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Anyone else hearing that we have some Illuminati infiltrators on the squad? I don't want to put this out there but I am hearing some stuff on the darkweb. Mods, if something happens to me, please delete this post at dusk on the fortnight before the next waxing gibbous moon.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anyone else hearing that we have some Illuminati infiltrators on the squad? I don't want to put this out there but I am hearing some stuff on the darkweb. Mods, if something happens to me, please delete this post at dusk on the fortnight before the next waxing gibbous moon.

This reads like one of those encrypted messages gangbangers pass to folks on the outside to get gang business done .... wait, I've said too much.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I hear you. But, to me, it's as you describe. There's a big difference between being in a gang and just throwin' up a sign. Big difference.

Sounds like you know the difference but most here don't and won't. That's why I responded to you the way I did. Most will read your post and make that colossal, "oh muh gard, we got gangsters on tha teem!" leap unnecessarily.
Most people have no idea what I meant or took it the wrong way, you can be in a gang without being active in the streets. But we got guys on the team throwing up GD signs and I grew up on GD street and know exactly what they mean.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
Most people have no idea what I meant or took it the wrong way, you can be in a gang without being active in the streets. But we got guys on the team throwing up GD signs and I grew up on GD street and know exactly what they mean.
You’ve said some pretty ignorant things during this thread derail. Pretty ballsy move to try to now act like we’re in the wrong here.

LibertyTurns

Banned

So it was your "roommate's" gf, huh? Right, right. ;) what was your alibi? At home watching tv?

No alibi but I believe I was on campus drinking beer when it went down 2500 miles away. That was my favorite pastime back in the day. I knew he was pissed but had no idea he was going to whack the dude with the chick. He just never reappeared after Thanksgiving break. Somebody from GT came in, grabbed up his crap and half my dorm room was empty the last couple weeks of the quarter. Yeah I got the old “why didn’t you tell someone speech” but damn nobody ran to the authorities back in the day when some dude was going off about how he was going to f someone the f up. If we did that damn near all of us would have been in jail. Man, times have changed.

slugboy

Staff member

8/10 tangent points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
only thread i saw where this would be appropriate.

" One of my teammates (at Pace Academy) was a senior, Timothy Coleman, he plays at Richmond right now. The previous Georgia Tech O-line coach (Mike Sewak) had come to our school, and I guess he thought I was Timmy. He kept calling me Timothy and that just turned me off from ever going to look at their school.” "

wonder how many times that happened under sewak? i liked cpj but did not like sewak.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...tnJ2CafiXV5SdEE10K/?__twitter_impression=true