Could UF be coming for CPJ? :-o

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Plus who wants to spend the later part of their life in the hell hole of Nebraska like some people are saying smh

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
GT > Navy > GSU........................You really think GT is the pinnacle of CFB? It is for me but I grew up eating, breathing, and sleeping GT football fanaticism. The rest of the sporting world doesn't see GT the same as me.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Navy is a service academy and Ga Southern was Div 1aa. He is coaching big boy football now he has no reason to leave our program unless we push him out.
If he wants to leave, i'm sure his agent could shop his name around and someone would pay him a comparable if not bigger salary than he is making now. During the offseason there was a tweet by Bruce Feldman that CPJ was unhappy and wanted to be bought out of his contract. I'm not so sure he will be all that motivated to stay here if we don't show some commitment to him.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
GT > Navy > GSU........................You really think GT is the pinnacle of CFB? It is for me but I grew up eating, breathing, and sleeping GT football fanaticism. The rest of the sporting world doesn't see GT the same as me.
No I never said it was the pinnacle I'm saying Ga Tech is a great school to coach at. Why would you leave a school that you have fully installed your system, a new AD showing the willingness to give you what you need to succeed and an excellent place to spend the last 10 years of your coaching career to go somewhere new and start all over again? Granted a lot of these things will already be in place but I think a lot of people saying these schools such as nc state, Pitt, uva etc is a drop down in lifestyle and football just my opinon

Eli

Helluva Engineer
And Florida isn't going to hire an older coach imo, and idk about Paul but I bet he likes being able to play golf in ga as much as he would like instead of freezing his *** off in Nebraska

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
As I noted earlier, Johnson has the best QB to run his system he has ever had. Ever! Why would he not stay and let that play out?

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
Florida would be foolish to hire CPJ. This offense is unproven and cannot win. The cut blocks injure dozens of opponents. // ;)

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Is Annese still at Ferris State? Very good coach.

I coached a pistol-flexbone offense for a few years. To me, you've got most of the same challenges in that setup, though with less of a negative perception because now you're "spread."
Yes. He is still there. They went 11-0 this year and are a #1 seed in D2 playoffs.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
If he wants to leave, i'm sure his agent could shop his name around and someone would pay him a comparable if not bigger salary than he is making now. During the offseason there was a tweet by Bruce Feldman that CPJ was unhappy and wanted to be bought out of his contract. I'm not so sure he will be all that motivated to stay here if we don't show some commitment to him.
I get the feeling that a lot of the issues that led to that statement either have or are working towards being resolved...

jason

Georgia Tech Fan
I dont think he leaves because of the improved recruiting. And I believe he thinks he has a chance to make a good run the next 3-4 years. With a possible chance at playing for a national championship. That is if nobody gets in trouble or hurt.