Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Well if I am still on Earth after the apocalypse, I think how clean my butt is will be one of the least of my worries.
Seriously, I guess people are loading up on essentials??? Meanwhile, my family and I are just chugging along in everyday life...paying attention to what's going on...but not acting like this is the plague to end all of civilization

GT_EE78

Banned
I guess I haven't been paying attention to mainstream news sources, or Twitter, and I don't have Facebook. Why is there a run on toilet paper? I bought a large box at Sam's about a week ago, but that was because we were almost out. I don't understand why people think toilet paper is needed for a potential virus pandemic.
they don't. but everyone has read that TP is selling out thanks to panic buying and nobody wants to be "stranded".
If a store sells out it will be able to resupply quickly. I bought an extra weeks worth which i have stached away and now just buy a week supply once a week. This one shouldn't be a real concern (unless you're in Hawaii or some island where its not manufactured locally)

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Seriously, I guess people are loading up on essentials??? Meanwhile, my family and I are just chugging along in everyday life...paying attention to what's going on...but not acting like this is the plague to end all of civilization
Generally speaking - not even related to this current situation - it is a good idea to have two weeks of non-perishable goods in your house at all time. Disasters to happen from time to time.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
they don't. but everyone has read that TP is selling out thanks to panic buying and nobody wants to be "stranded".
If a store sells out it will be able to resupply quickly. I bought an extra weeks worth which i have stached away and now just buy a week supply once a week. This one shouldn't be a real concern (unless your in Hawaii where its not manufactured locally)
If you are quarantined in your house, and run out of booty paper... well, hopefully you have a bidet.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Generally speaking - not even related to this current situation - it is a good idea to have two weeks of non-perishable goods in your house at all time. Disasters to happen from time to time.

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If my hospital is anything to go by, the flu season is still in full swing.
Hopefully it's not as bad this year as your hospital would suggest. I'm just going off historical norms. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season.htm
In the United States, flu season occurs in the fall and winter. While influenza viruses circulate year-round, most of the time flu activity peaks between December and February, but activity can last as late as May.

Peak Month of Flu Activity
1982-1983 through 2017-2018

flu-peak-activity-updated.jpg

For now it seems logical to assume that flu cases are already tapering off.

GT_EE78

Banned
If you are quarantined in your house, and run out of booty paper... well, hopefully you have a bidet.
That may be a good point. I haven't read anything regarding how those who have been asked to self-quarantine are getting their food and TP.

GT_EE78

Banned
Amazon is your friend, especially now since they own Whole Foods. Other food stores making deliveries...Kroger, Publix, Fresh Market.
That isn't currently an option(besides Amazon) for the folks living in rural areas, for others it may work fine.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That isn't currently an option(besides Amazon) for the folks living in rural areas, for others it may work fine.
Walmart and some others offer curb side pickup. You order and pay for everything online, drive to a pickup location at an appointment time, and they load everything in your car. You wouldn't have to have any contact except unlocking your trunk/hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.