Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For those who feel they are in a good financial position just note there are lots of smaller nonprofits that are struggling to make ends meet. People are less generous with donations at times like these so you could always see if some local nonprofit could use some extra funds.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I guess as usual, I’m left to take up for the paycheck to paycheck people. We all have income over $2500 per annum, so the $1200 checks in April and May will help some.
The 800 folks I work with are all classified part-time with an Events Co. My other part-time job is also dependent upon the economy, doing appraisals. My other friends/associates/contacts are self-employed or work part-time. There are zero unemployment benefits for any of us. As I’ve mentioned previously, people who work in a service capacity such as tips, per diems-are out of luck. You better believe age discrimination does exist. It’s almost laughable, if it wasn’t about survival.

Therefore, I commend those of you who are charitable and ask of you to help people you know. I’m not complaining, because even I’ve come across people worse off. Sharing a little $20 bill for groceries made a man in line cry(couldn’t watch him put stuff back to the cashier). I worked for the Census in 2010, so try to remember that we’ve had record numbers(it’s been advancing every year the last decade & a half)of part-time workers. It’s one way companies can cut back on benefit packages and still cover staffing needs.

I guess as usual, I’m left to take up for the paycheck to paycheck people. We all have income over $2500 per annum, so the $1200 checks in April and May will help some.
The 800 folks I work with are all classified part-time with an Events Co. My other part-time job is also dependent upon the economy, doing appraisals. My other friends/associates/contacts are self-employed or work part-time. There are zero unemployment benefits for any of us. As I’ve mentioned previously, people who work in a service capacity such as tips, per diems-are out of luck. You better believe age discrimination does exist. It’s almost laughable, if it wasn’t about survival.

Therefore, I commend those of you who are charitable and ask of you to help people you know. I’m not complaining, because even I’ve come across people worse off. Sharing a little $20 bill for groceries made a man in line cry(couldn’t watch him put stuff back to the cashier). I worked for the Census in 2010, so try to remember that we’ve had record numbers(it’s been advancing every year the last decade & a half)of part-time workers. It’s one way companies can cut back on benefit packages and still cover staffing needs.
What is that $2500 per annum that you mention? The threshold is $75,000 per annum.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Your daily US-population equivalent cases in other countries of note:

Italy: 325,000
Iceland: 315,000
Switzerland: 275,000
Spain: 210,000
Norway: 150,000
Netherlands: 85,000
Sweden: 70,000

As has been pointed out many times, this is very misleading. You cannot just adjust for population difference without taking into account population density. We have a huge country with very low population density compared to these other countries. Try comparing New York to those countries and see what that looks like.

Deleted member 2897

As has been pointed out many times, this is very misleading. You cannot just adjust for population difference without taking into account population density. We have a huge country with very low population density compared to these other countries. Try comparing New York to those countries and see what that looks like.

Misleading how? I didn’t draw any conclusions. I merely posted numbers. If you calculate our population density after removing wide swaths of area where nobody lives anyway (Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, etc) you might be surprised. I’ll let you do that if you care that much.

By the way, our population density is 10x that if Iceland, using our full area including all those places I listed.

GT_EE78

Banned
upload_2020-3-22_15-59-24.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

We had about 100 deaths in the US total about 3 days ago. We may have had over 100 deaths today. Hard to keep up.

Angela Merkel is now in quarantine.

Closing in on 35,000 cases in the US now.

GT_EE78

Banned
We had about 100 deaths in the US total about 3 days ago. We may have had over 100 deaths today. Hard to keep up.

Angela Merkel is now in quarantine.

Closing in on 35,000 cases in the US now.
uh oh

Germany bans gatherings of more than two to control virus spread: Merkel

Quite a shift from letting her country get overrun by illegals...

GT_EE78

Banned
Wow! So you can have sex, but traditional only. No ménage a trois, no orgies. Don’t eat meals with your children. People with multiple personalities are now going crazy.
I can't imagine how they could enforce that......guess the jerkle found a way for herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.