Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we are all screwed if trusting in our fellow man to do the right thing is the new strategy.
In a democracy (or republic), that is the only strategy we can have. To do otherwise denies people of their rights, and, like it or not, the people have the right to screw their fellow man. Don't get me wrong; I wear a mask in situations and places that make it common sense to do so, and I engage in social distancing. But I do not want some politician, no matter how well meaning he might think he is, to demand that I do so. I might add too, that what you put in your post seemingly attributed to me were not my words, but the words of the professor at the Medical College of Georgia.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Humans, whether parasitic or not, are also the greatest preservationists on the planet too and the only healers.

What exactly are humans preserving except memories of ourselves? The earth doesn't need "preservationists" if humans aren't spending our lifetimes destroying it. The earth is fine healing itself...it was healing itself for billions of years before the first humans began walking upright and clearing the face of the earth of trees, dumping plastics and oil into the oceans, defacing mountainsides with images of ourselves.

GT_EE78

Banned
What exactly are humans preserving except memories of ourselves? The earth doesn't need "preservationists" if humans aren't spending our lifetimes destroying it. The earth is fine healing itself...it was healing itself for billions of years before the first humans began walking upright and clearing the face of the earth of trees, dumping plastics and oil into the oceans, defacing mountainsides with images of ourselves.
LOL, are you talking about planet earth?

WHATEVA !!!

GT_EE78

Banned
COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
Coronavirus deaths in the country have nearly reached a level where the virus will cease to qualify as an epidemic under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention rules, the federal agency reported on Friday. The CDC qualifies a disease outbreak as an "epidemic" if the number of deaths attributable to the disease exceeds a certain percentage of total deaths per week... https://justthenews.com/politics-po...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
In a democracy (or republic), that is the only strategy we can have. To do otherwise denies people of their rights, and, like it or not, the people have the right to screw their fellow man. Don't get me wrong; I wear a mask in situations and places that make it common sense to do so, and I engage in social distancing. But I do not want some politician, no matter how well meaning he might think he is, to demand that I do so. I might add too, that what you put in your post seemingly attributed to me were not my words, but the words of the professor at the Medical College of Georgia.
I wasn't attributing it to you, I just think the strategy is absurd. While we are at it we might as well legalize drunk driving and ask everyone to please not do it. If people could be trusted then we wouldn't have ever needed to lockdown in the first place and numbers across the country wouldn't have shot up after we reopened. The truth is, people can't be trusted, and even in a free society you have to sometimes protect the responsible masses from those who can't act responsibly.

TechPreacher

Banned
The case numbers are being inflated by including those tested with antibodies as active cases. Deaths are inflated by including those who died with coronavirus, regardless of cause. Fauci is a leftist tied at the hip to Bill Gates' worldwide vaccine campaign, which is really just a population control ploy. These people are evil. They are pushing a globalist agenda, and the shutdown crowd are just useful idiots for the cause.

Deleted member 2897

I wasn't attributing it to you, I just think the strategy is absurd. While we are at it we might as well legalize drunk driving and ask everyone to please not do it. If people could be trusted then we wouldn't have ever needed to lockdown in the first place and numbers across the country wouldn't have shot up after we reopened. The truth is, people can't be trusted, and even in a free society you have to sometimes protect the responsible masses from those who can't act responsibly.

Murder is against the law and we still have 50,000 murders every year. We’re not going to throw our hands up and say oh well let’s not have it be illegal anymore (to your point), but wearing a mask? I can choose to avoid crowded areas and people not wearing masks. I can’t avoid a drunk driver or being shot nearly as easily.

Deleted member 2897

LOL, are you talking about planet earth?

Some people (this comment is not pointed at anybody in particular) are so guilt ridden about who they are that they riot in the street, tear down statues, and loot stores. Some are so guilt ridden they think the earth can’t handle us and we should all just disappear. The earth was here long before us and it will be here long after us. We predict massive global warming yet we’ve gone up 1 degree in 150 years. We predict massive volumes of hurricanes, yet we just emerged from the all time record for having no category 3+ storms making landfall (well over a decade). We need to protect the planet, and trashing it should upset us. But at the same time, thinking we all need to kill ourselves over it is satanic.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The case numbers are being inflated by including those tested with antibodies as active cases. Deaths are inflated by including those who died with coronavirus, regardless of cause. Fauci is a leftist tied at the hip to Bill Gates' worldwide vaccine campaign, which is really just a population control ploy. These people are evil. They are pushing a globalist agenda, and the shutdown crowd are just useful idiots for the cause.
Wait a minute. If someone has antibodies they had the virus. I think that’s pretty clear in how the numbers are being reported so not sure what your issue is. As long as they aren’t counted twice how are the numbers being inflated? Timing may be off but I think we all know that has been happening all along and I’m not sure how to get around it.

TechPreacher

Banned
Wait a minute. If someone has antibodies they had the virus. I think that’s pretty clear in how the numbers are being reported so not sure what your issue is. As long as they aren’t counted twice how are the numbers being inflated? Timing may be off but I think we all know that has been happening all along and I’m not sure how to get around it.

The "spike" in recent cases is being inflated. Someone goes to the hospital. While there, he is tested. Positive for antibodies. He is counted as a new case today, even though he had it in October. It's a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.