Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Isn’t it funny how one side is saying the end of the world is coming, hospitalizations are RISING.

And the other side is looking at deaths going down and don’t give a damn about positive cases and hospitalizations.

And some of us are looking at the actual facts. Deaths are nose diving while cases are rising.

Long story short: Stop being drama queens. Millions are gonna test positive, and that’s okay. It’s a cold virus, it’s not HIV or a slug to the chest.

I hardly think the end of the world is coming, unfortunately we are putting ourselves in a place where we can't live like we want to because we won't take simple steps.

Deaths are not 'diving' at all. They had been on a slow, steady decline - but that has changed in the last couple of days where it is levelling out. Since death rates are the most lagging indicators we have to wait and see if they start to go back up. It is a virus related to cold viruses but a much more dangerous one.

Milwaukee

Banned
I hardly think the end of the world is coming, unfortunately we are putting ourselves in a place where we can't live like we want to because we won't take simple steps.

Deaths are not 'diving' at all. They had been on a slow, steady decline - but that has changed in the last couple of days where it is levelling out. Since death rates are the most lagging indicators we have to wait and see if they start to go back up. It is a virus related to cold viruses but a much more dangerous one.

Lol stop man. Yesterday was the low for deaths. Where in the hell are you getting your paranoid essays?
Here’s what’s gonna happen: you’re gonna discount the current stats and say “you just wait a week, the trends are showing many more anticipated deaths based off the increased positive tests”. The problem is you guys have been saying that EXACT thing for more than 5 weeks now and we have the receipts to show your lunacy. Ramblin you’ve been wrong on this whole thing since the start. At what point do you just admit you don’t know wtf you’re talking about and you’re just copying and pasting extremely long essays from “experts” who’ve been wrong on this whole thing.

But carry on, I use Swarm for entertainment and you don’t disappoint.

Deleted member 2897

Isn’t it funny how one side is saying the end of the world is coming, hospitalizations are RISING.

And the other side is looking at deaths going down and don’t give a damn about positive cases and hospitalizations.

And some of us are looking at the actual facts. Deaths are nose diving while cases are rising.

Long story short: Stop being drama queens. Millions are gonna test positive, and that’s okay. It’s a cold virus, it’s not HIV or a slug to the chest.

It’s amazing after all we know now with time lags that you can’t see when you type this how devoid of reality the assertion is.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

And the other side is looking at deaths going down and don’t give a damn about not positive cases and hospitalizations.

Long story short: Stop being drama queens. Millions are gonna test positive, and that’s okay. It’s a cold virus, not HIV.

Deaths are going down because it's a trailing outcome, and hospitalizations *were* going down. Deaths are the final trailing outcome in the infection process.

The nation opened up roughly 2-4 weeks ago, and the hospitalization and death rate were benefitting from that...again, because of the trailing relationship. Infections are clearly spiking across the nation since opening up, and rising hospitalizations are now coming into play. What follows hospitalization? Death.

I really hope some of us are being drama queens. NO ONE should want to be "right" with death...because being "right" means death. You've had the most optimistic outlook on this, and I hope everything you said proves us drama queens false.

Let's all cross our fingers.

Deleted member 2897

Deaths are going down because it's a trailing outcome, and hospitalizations *were* going down. Deaths are the final trailing outcome in the infection process.

The nation opened up roughly 2-4 weeks ago, and the hospitalization and death rate were benefitting from that...again, because of the trailing relationship. Infections are clearly spiking across the nation since opening up, and rising hospitalizations are now coming into play. What follows hospitalization? Death.

I really hope some of us are being drama queens. NO ONE should want to be "right" with death...because being "right" means death. You've had the most optimistic outlook on this, and I hope everything you said proves us drama queens false.

He’s been “optimistic”...well that’s one way to put it. :D

Milwaukee

Banned

lol you have to understand the humor that you’ve been saying the same thing for months. “Yea I know what the numbers say but wait a week”.

Just admit you don’t know what tf you’re talking about and you’re being paranoid.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
lol you have to understand the humor that you’ve been saying the same thing for months. “Yea I know what the numbers says but wait a week”.

Just admit you don’t know what tf you’re talking about and you’re being paranoid.

Where have I been wrong? Infections are going up, are they not? Now hospitalization numbers are going up...are they not? I'm more than happy to be wrong about deaths. Let's all hope it never gets there.

Deleted member 2897

Where have I been wrong? Infections are going up, are they not? Now hospitalization numbers are going up...are they not? I'm more than happy to be wrong about deaths. Let's all hope it never gets there.

Deaths lagged hospitalizations which lagged cases all the way up, then it was the same all the way down. Just as everyone expected. I see no way the same behavior doesn’t repeat again based on the demographics of cases they’re reporting. 1 of our local hospitals went from 6 COVID-19 patients 3 weeks ago to 40 today. You don’t go to the hospital right now unless you’re in a mess.

Deleted member 2897

We still had 30,000 new cases every day, even when under those shelter-in-place orders. So yea, its no wonder why we're about to set new records for new daily cases nationally here shortly. I wouldn't be surprised if nationally we're hitting 36,000-38,000 new cases in a single day by the end of the week.

Welp.

Deleted member 2897

lmao stop being a clown. Everyone knows positive tests have inclined. Drama queen.

His assertion is demonstrably false. Younger people are indeed way up - but it’s still not half of cases. Cases of older people aren’t increasing at as fast a rate as younger people, but they are still massive in quantity. Hospitalizations bare that out. 18 year olds aren’t in the hospitals.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
lmao stop being a clown. Everyone knows positive tests have inclined. Drama queen.

First, only clowns use Clay Travis as a reference. Really, he said Ron DeSantis's managing of Corona in FL was the model for the nation. Yes, your hero Clay Travis:

Second, only bigger clowns don't understand the implications of "positive tests have inclined".

True, I am being a drama queen, but at least I'm not willfully ignorant of what all the data means. But keep referencing your hero Clay Travis.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
This was to be expected though. We didn't eradicate the virus, we flattened the curve to enable us to get to a point with rapid testing and hospital capacity. We are better equipped now than we were in March. An increase in cases was always going to happen when States began to reduce the restrictions, I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked by this.
An increase in cases didn’t have to happen. If we had shut down when we should have and reopened responsibly when we should have and we didn’t cry about wearing masks then we could have handled this much better. There is a reason most other developed countries have reopened their economies yet haven’t seen record breaking resurgences like we have.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
An increase in cases didn’t have to happen. If we had shut down when we should have and reopened responsibly when we should have and we didn’t cry about wearing masks then we could have handled this much better. There is a reason most other developed countries have reopened their economies yet haven’t seen record breaking resurgences like we have.

If we hadn't kept things shut down that have zero impact on spreading the virus longer than we should have, then more people might be more receptive to good measures like wearing masks.

People were too entrenched that nothing was safe in April. I saw a video of a police officer giving a ticket to a person for eating in his car in a parking lot because he was violating social distancing regulations.(It was in Canada, not the US) I predicted a long time ago that people were going to push back too hard against such regulations that were pushing too hard. I think people should be wearing masks in public. It is an easy thing to do.

Your description of people opposed to masks as being crybabies doesn't work to convince them that they should. It does the exact opposite and gets them more entrenched to fight against you. Reason works a lot better than derision. Unfortunately there are very few reasonable people having public discussions. Talking heads on so-called news networks across the spectrum would rather talk about what idiots people who don't agree with them are.

Status
Not open for further replies.