Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Empires fall from within and the American empire is on it's death bed. The US is so fractured and broke that we can't even agree on common decency, in masks or other areas. It's not China's fault or anyone else's but our own.

I feel the opposite. I feel like this is a process along the way. "Hard to use verbiage without using great and not trigger people :)" But we will come out of this strong. I am a glass half full person but there has allways been movements with good and bad things that settle down once people see the whole picture and keep the good. My favorite song for stupidity about solving the worlds problmes from the 70's was fly like an eagle. A lot of today's kids are as foolish as they were then. But the 70's kids turned out just fine.

slugboy

Staff member
New contagion location

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/COVID-19--571389611.html

COVID-19 outbreak at Cruisin’ Chubbys strip club in Wisconsin Dells

WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. (WMTV) -- A COVID-19 outbreak has been confirmed at a strip club in Wisconsin Dells, according to the Juneau County Health Department.

The health department reports two or more COVID-19 cases have been confirmed at Cruisin’ Chubbys Gentlemen's Club at US Highway 12 and 16 in the Dells.

Juneau County Health Department advises that if you visited Chubbys between June 10 and 14, you may have been exposed to COVID-19. If you are experiencing symptoms, the department asks you contact your health provider.

The department did not release details on how the virus might have spread in the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

NYC released its suggestions for safe sex in the times of CV19. Pretty rational list, but still an opportunity to poke some fun at it.

Some NSFW comments, so there's the disclaimer.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/olivianiland/new-york-city-safe-sex-guide-masturbation

Unsurprisingly, they never realized that having sex with your spouse is safe. If you’re not married, you shouldn’t be having sex anyway. Well over 100 million Americans have STDs. The more sex partners you have before you get married, the higher your chance of divorce. There is tons of science behind all this. What a hoot. Making things up as you go and ignoring science rarely works out well.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
New contagion location

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/COVID-19--571389611.html

COVID-19 outbreak at Cruisin’ Chubbys strip club in Wisconsin Dells

WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. (WMTV) -- A COVID-19 outbreak has been confirmed at a strip club in Wisconsin Dells, according to the Juneau County Health Department.

The health department reports two or more COVID-19 cases have been confirmed at Cruisin’ Chubbys Gentlemen's Club at US Highway 12 and 16 in the Dells.

Juneau County Health Department advises that if you visited Chubbys between June 10 and 14, you may have been exposed to COVID-19. If you are experiencing symptoms, the department asks you contact your health provider.

The department did not release details on how the virus might have spread in the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh sh!t...someone check on @Milwaukee !!

Kidding, bro...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unsurprisingly, they never realized that having sex with your spouse is safe. If you’re not married, you shouldn’t be having sex anyway. Well over 100 million Americans have STDs. The more sex partners you have before you get married, the higher your chance of divorce. There is tons of science behind all this. What a hoot. Making things up as you go and ignoring science rarely works out well.

The only point you're making here is that you're advising against pre-marital sex, right? That seems clear, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing some other message besides that. Thanks.

Deleted member 2897

The only point you're making here is that you're advising against pre-marital sex, right? That seems clear, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing some other message besides that. Thanks.

NY spent time trying to help people understand how to have sex without spreading a disease. We’ve already known the answer to that question for a very long time. The next time we have some outbreak or fatherless culture crisis or try to reduce the rate of poverty or divorce, the answer will always be the same.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Like you, it is good to see that hospitalizations haven't taken off to this point. Will they take off, who knows - they have in a few areas, will they start to spread or taper off.
The number of states i'm really concerned about are probably fewer than 10 right now.
The 2 that are flashing the worst are AL and AZ. Both have increasing cases, little bed availability left, and positive case rates in the mid-teens.
The other ones that are at least flashing yellow now are AR (cases increasing, testing decreasing, 7.3% case rate), FL (cases rapidly increasing - have tripled since the beginning of June, testing flat, case rate 7.4% and increasing), GA (cases increasing, testing decreasing, case rate 7.6%, highest increase in per capita death rate in the US right now), NC (increasing cases, testing increasing, 7.6% case rate) - i'm hoping NC is past the worst already, OK (rapidly increase cases, testing decreasing, case rate up to 5.1%), Texas (increasing cases, testing up - but less than cases are up, case rate 7.9%), Utah (cases rising, testing up, 8.6% case rate) - like NC may have already peaked.

One other relevant fact to add to your thinking, which should brighten your day:

Covid-19 patients take up a small share of ICU beds in most states that have reopened including California (16%), Texas (11%), Georgia (10%), Utah (9%), Wisconsin (8%) and Florida (7%). Nearly all states have ample hospital and ICU capacity.-WSJ. June 16

and this:
https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/...city-coronavirus-cases-surge-officials-report

So, when you hear that ICU capacity is down to (say) 20%, in most cases AZ aside, they could experience a doubling of covid cases without hitting their limits, and in at least some places, the stated capacity is not the real capacity.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NY spent time trying to help people understand how to have sex without spreading a disease. We’ve already known the answer to that question for a very long time. The next time we have some outbreak or fatherless culture crisis or try to reduce the rate of poverty or divorce, the answer will always be the same.

Yes. There was an additional message besides advising against pre-marital sex.

Thanks.

ETA: The NYC guide does recommend abstinence from sex with other people as the safest route.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
How is their herd immunity thingy going now, that wasn't going as planned about 2 weeks ago?

Interestingly, I think there's an unspoken real life experiment at the highest levels of our Federal government that they're hoping herd immunity will work in the US. At minimum we could have a federal law that everyone wear face mask in public or in the work place, and disallow group gatherings. That there is no direction and they're leaving it up to the states whose residents migrate from city to city, state to state, etc. is utterly mind boggling.

Deleted member 2897

Interestingly, I think there's an unspoken real life experiment at the highest levels of our Federal government that they're hoping herd immunity will work in the US. At minimum we could have a federal law that everyone wear face mask in public or in the work place, and disallow group gatherings. That there is no direction and they're leaving it up to the states whose residents migrate from city to city, state to state, etc. is utterly mind boggling.

Well, that’s how it should be. New York City isn’t Omaha which isn’t Juneau which isn’t Rapid City which isn’t Key West.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, that’s how it should be. New York City isn’t Omaha which isn’t Juneau which isn’t Rapid City which isn’t Key West.

So people in Omaha never leave the city and venture into other states? New Yorkers never leave the island to visit family in New Jersey or go on vacation in Florida?

You are aware of how infectious diseases spread, right? Viruses don't automatically turn off once you leave the city limits. This is exactly why the United States is still on the first wave and it never descended just plateaued. Every single state and their respective cities had their own rules, but people were still allowed to move from city to city/state to state. It's like setting a mouse trap to catch all mice so the house doesn't become infested but you leave one corner of the trap open. What sense does that make?

Deleted member 2897

So people in Omaha never leave the city and venture into other states? New Yorkers never leave the island to visit family in New Jersey or go on vacation in Florida?

You are aware of how infectious diseases spread, right? Viruses don't automatically turn off once you leave the city limits. This is exactly why the United States is still on the first wave and it never descended just plateaued. Every single state and their respective cities had their own rules, but people were still allowed to move from city to city/state to state. It's like setting a mouse trap to catch all mice so the house doesn't become infested but you leave one corner of the trap open. What sense does that make?

I mean yea, we could make it illegal for New Yorkers to leave the state, but that just seems unamerican.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I mean yea, we could make it illegal for New Yorkers to leave the state, but that just seems unamerican.

No need to do that. Like I said earlier, the Federal government doesn't need to shut down the economy again or keep people in their homes. We just need the same rules for everyone: Wear a mask, no large gatherings, no full capacity service indoors (looking at you bars and restaurants)...common sense things that prevent the spread of the virus. What's the point in having one state do that if people from other states are just going to do what they want in another state? There are scientific studies on the drastic difference those steps have on curbing the virus spread.

Of course we can continue to do what we've been doing as the world looks upon us horrified that the country that built a science and economic powerhouse is ignoring it all...for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.