Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I swear if you guys were alive when the stop light was invented you had have claimed it was an infringement on your freedoms. “We can be responsible! People will drive at a certain speed limit! We will look both ways! We don’t need the government to tell us how to drive!!”

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Kinda arrogant of you wouldn't you say? Are you not willing to listen to a dissenting opinion or possibility?

Or are you the end all of know all?
I am very much willing to listen. Where we might differ is that I am listening to Dr Fauci and Dr. Mandy Cohen ( Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services). They are medical professionals who have spent their careers fighting things like this virus. I do not know what the qualifications are for many of the posters on the Swarm. Help me out. Are they as qualified as Fauci and Cohen?

Milwaukee

Banned
That’s not true. If your job is is open and you’re not furloughed, you do not qualify for unemployment. In this scenario, that clerk doesn’t qualify for UE because THE GROCERY STORE IS OPEN. So you’re saying this guy should quit his job just so you can watch football in person?

Again, a rational measure is postponing a ****ing game that no one needs. Also, you don’t know if a drunk driver will ACTUALLY hit and kill someone, yet DUI is still a thing because it puts other people at risk. Yes, you could go to the game and nothing happens, just as I could drink 20 beers and get behind the wheel and nothing happens, but it’s still dangerous and reckless.

Also, it doesn’t look like Florida is doing good at all, mate: 3,822 new cases today even with testing down 11%.

No. Employers are working with employees to grant them with furlough in your made up hypothetical grocery clerk’s case. And there’s a list of things you can do as a person to sanitize and mask up to protect yourself.

Stop being dramatic.

I am very much willing to listen. Where we might differ is that I am listening to Dr Fauci and Dr. Mandy Cohen ( Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services). They are medical professionals who have spent their careers fighting things like this virus. I do not know what the qualifications are for many of the posters on the Swarm. Help me out. Are they as qualified as Fauci and Cohen?
Fauci is indeed a medical professional and expert. What he is not is an expert in societal behavior, although he sure seems to be thought of that way by a lot of people. When he sticks to FACTS, he does fine; when he starts offering OPINIONS, they are generally worth no more than anyone else's.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
No. Employers are working with employees to grant them with furlough in your made up hypothetical grocery clerk’s case. And there’s a list of things you can do as a person to sanitize and mask up to protect yourself.

Stop being dramatic.

but they aren’t doing that in real life lol. Get out of La La Land.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Oh, so 17 - 50 million people died because they went to football games. Well, who knew? SHEESH

Some probably did! Again, a bunch of people die by car accidents every year. You can die in a car accident without alcohol involved, but alcohol raises the dangerous of it happening, so we don’t allow drinking and driving.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

The great Dr Fauci admitted this week that he LIED ON PURPOSE to the American people when he said that masks were not necessary. Then 2 weeks later he recommends folks wear mask. He has been all over the place as far as this virus is concerned. So how many people died because they listened to the "experts" about masks?
And the reason he lied was a noble reason, the shortness of the supply for medical personal, but the fact that people died because he lied should not be over looked.

How has Phase II been working?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

Based on everything I've seen and heard, we are overinflating numbers to some degree from the items listed in this video, but we're also undercounting numbers. I don't know what the net effect is overall, but lets say its 25%. Its a bit of an academic exercise. My wife is a nurse and she and colleagues have had lots of instances where they assume people have COVID-19 despite the fact they test negative. So deaths are then counted as well, even though not only did the death not necessarily come from COVID-19, but there wasn't even a positive test. George Floyd is the perfect illustration (sadly). He counts in the COVID-19 death numbers per CDC guidance. I'm not really losing any sleep over wondering do we have 115,000 deaths, 135,000 deaths, or 95,000 deaths. To me its a bit academic. Its more than enough of an issue that we know its a problem and we need to be managing it. But what it does show me is that we have all of this very detailed data...now imagine what its like in Brazil and India and many other countries who don't have nearly the data we have. For example, do we really think the death rate for COVID-19 in the UK, which many people hold up as the model for the world in healthcare, is 14%? Around the world we have an amazing lack of testing in many places and likewise tons of deaths that are unaccounted for...and if that person died of versus with.

LibertyTurns

Banned
My wife is a nurse and she and colleagues have had lots of instances where they assume people have COVID-19 despite the fact they test negative. So deaths are then counted as well, even though not only did the death not necessarily come from COVID-19, but there wasn't even a positive test.
I’ve mentioned this before. Everybody knows the data is hyperinflated in favor of numbers that create hysteria. Some either have an agenda or stare facts straight in the face & ignore them. The horse is dead. They will never change their minds because that’s not how their minds are wired. Just thank God they’re not making decisions for any of us and pray they don’t make otherwise rational people wilt under the political pressure.

Deleted member 2897

I was ridiculed on this and another board for merely suggesting that there could be instances of over-counting.

Man I’ve been ridiculed for so many things - saying there were tons of mass graves all over Brazil, that the Russian election collusion thing was actually a setup by our own DOJ/FBI/CIA, and many more things. Stick to your convictions and wear it with a badge of honor. It will be 3 years in October since I started the Russian thread, declaring it way back then as the single biggest political scandal in our lifetime. IIWII. As long as you have data behind your assertions it doesn’t hurt to be bold. We won’t likely ever know how many deaths we’re over counting and how many we’re missing. They might cancel each other out. They might be grossly imbalanced one way or the other. But we’re certainly not counting things accurately according to our best ability to be accurate about it.

GT_EE78

Banned
Fauci in the pocket of big pharma may bias his opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.