Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_EE78

Banned
No.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/health/fda-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus.html

From the article:
"The drugs can cause dangerous abnormalities in heart rhythm in coronavirus patients, and should be used only in clinical trials or hospitals where patients can be closely monitored for heart problems, the Food and Drug Administration warned in a safety communication issued on Friday."
coronavirus can cause dangerous abnormalities in heart rhythm in coronavirus patients!

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is the next 'awful' phase we have coming. Online, social media vigilantes... the Info Age sucks (in many cases).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/us/social-distancing-rules-coronavirus.html
The people who love to control people are having a field day. They love to control your local schools, your neighborhood HOA, they’re into everyone’s business. They want to police your speech, don’t want you to own a gun and adore speed bumps. They want you to drive an electric car, hand over your income in taxes so they can spend it for you, and dictate what medical treatment you will and will not receive. America is becoming increasing tolerant of these fascists and it’s not a good thing. They have seized the Wuhan virus crisis to amp up their efforts to control you. These fascists do not realize this is a free country and some of us will just not tolerate this BS. They can move to China & have Chairman Xi and all his Commie buddies to themselves. Frankly, I’m not sure why they’re still here because they seem to hate America so much.

No.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/health/fda-hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus.html

From the article:
"The drugs can cause dangerous abnormalities in heart rhythm in coronavirus patients, and should be used only in clinical trials or hospitals where patients can be closely monitored for heart problems, the Food and Drug Administration warned in a safety communication issued on Friday."
And we should trust what the NY Times says why? They have been wrong, and sometimes deliberately so, more often than they have been correct in the past 4 months, not to mention during the 3 wasted years of the Russian collusion investigation. And don't forget also that they denied the Holocaust until they couldn't any longer.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
It is a little more grey than that....deaths in the long run may equalize (depending upon when and if vaccine or treatments are found for the virus)..and as you say it is unclear if the economic benefits have been worth the risk they decided to take....but their point was that too much blame and outrage has been pointed their way, when in point of fact their way (in the LONG RUN) might (N.B.- MIGHT) turn out to be a good approach. Even the WHO has said so (for those who value that organization's opinion).
Yeah, it's kinda like concluding a 4th and 1 decision in a CFB game during the 1st qtr is a game changer....at the time!

Deleted member 2897

The people who love to control people are having a field day. They love to control your local schools, your neighborhood HOA, they’re into everyone’s business. They want to police your speech, don’t want you to own a gun and adore speed bumps. They want you to drive an electric car, hand over your income in taxes so they can spend it for you, and dictate what medical treatment you will and will not receive. America is becoming increasing tolerant of these fascists and it’s not a good thing. They have seized the Wuhan virus crisis to amp up their efforts to control you. These fascists do not realize this is a free country and some of us will just not tolerate this BS. They can move to China & have Chairman Xi and all his Commie buddies to themselves. Frankly, I’m not sure why they’re still here because they seem to hate America so much.

And yet our fuzzy little friends at the ACLU are silent right now. They should be having a field day with all the violations against civil liberties...but crickets...

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Nursing homes are more like 50% here too. We can do both - we can be out and about and also protect those at risk. We can find a way to force 330 Americans to lock down but we somehow can’t find a way to do that to just a few million in nursing homes? Certainly we can set no visitation rules and PPE requirements and everything else.

Not according to the CDC. And you still don't seem to get the point of the necessity of non-vulnerable people needing to stay home in order to protect the most vulnerable. I get in the abstract it is easy to say that "vulnerable should just stay home and not have contact with anybody else," but that is physically impossible, particularly for the elderly and sick. Until we have sufficient testing and tracking (which we don't), that is not a viable solution.

Milwaukee

Banned
Best part of the china virus is it has forced Taco Bell to sell take home taco bars. Live look at my kitchen currently. #Merica
722893E4-1DF6-49F1-88A3-9D9B50989C0B.jpeg

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not according to the CDC. And you still don't seem to get the point of the necessity of non-vulnerable people needing to stay home in order to protect the most vulnerable. I get in the abstract it is easy to say that "vulnerable should just stay home and not have contact with anybody else," but that is physically impossible, particularly for the elderly and sick. Until we have sufficient testing and tracking (which we don't), that is not a viable solution.
I get it. You want 325 million people forced to stay home so 3 million people can feel safer.

I want the 328 million people to be able to choose whether or not to stay home. Arm them with facts. Let them vote with their feet.

We already have elderly like my Mother in Law getting groceries put in her trunk, prescriptions get mailed, etc. There’s Amazon, delivery services, etc. Nursing homes are already on lockdown. She walks on the beach away from people and around her neighborhood with her dog. There’s ways of protecting the elderly and sick without needlessly destroying our nation.

Deleted member 2897

You absolutely can live a quarantined life without risk of being infected - whether 100 people in your town are infected or 10,000. That’s actually the whole point in the first place.

South Carolina today set a new recent low for daily cases of 93. Charleston County (500,000 people) had 3 total cases today. Nearly a month straight of averaging less than 10 cases a day. Our positive test rate state wide is under 5%, exceeding CDC testing rate guidelines, and that’s after prescreening. So our real positive test rate is probably 1-2%. Our ICUs are running at 15% capacity. It’s going to take us years to clear the virus at this rate LOL. There’s no reason we should force a lot of our state into abject misery I order to protect our elderly folks, when what we would do to protect them would be the same either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.