Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never change Florida. America thanks you for keeping the other 49 states entertained.

Did you hear about the two (married to each other) gynecologists in Tampa who were rightfully arrested for taking a ladder into their senior citizen's yard and using the ladder to take down a Trump flag? One of their kids can be heard yelling, "Daddy, please stop. You are going to get arrested."

Deleted member 2897

Did you hear about the two (married to each other) gynecologists in Tampa who were rightfully arrested for taking a ladder into their senior citizen's yard and using the ladder to take down a Trump flag? One of their kids can be heard yelling, "Daddy, please stop. You are going to get arrested."

Gynecologists always have their hands in other people’s business.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow

Gynecologists always have their hands in other people’s business.
Huh, no friendly warning that he shouldn't post political in the virus thread. Huh.

Deleted member 2897

Huh, no friendly warning that he shouldn't post political in the virus thread. Huh.

Trolling is against the site rules. Be careful it’s 1 strike and you’re out.

No, I chose to make a funny joke instead, especially given he wasn’t being rude and insulting anybody here like some of you have been, and it wasn’t a discussion of politics.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Trolling is against the site rules. Be careful it’s 1 strike and you’re out.

No, I chose to make a funny joke instead, especially given he wasn’t being rude and insulting anybody here like some of you have been.
But you must agree, his post was off topic and political. The very thing you seem very concerned with. But you didn't tell him, "hey bud watch it that's against the rules". Sad.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
What is political about that? I mean obviously the doctors were using politics to justify their action. But the post just presented a factual account of what happened.
What did it have to do with the Corona virus?

My county had a few extra cases today, but overall seems to be slowing.

But you must agree, his post was off topic and political. The very thing you seem very concerned with. But you didn't tell him, he bud watch it that's against the rules. Sad.
It was on topic, because previous posts had mentioned things happening in Florida. And again, there was nothing political about it at all. The original post told about crazy people in Florida. I simply provided another example of such crazy people.

Deleted member 2897

But you must agree, his post was off topic and political. The very thing you seem very concerned with. But you didn't tell him, he bud watch it that's against the rules. Sad.

No, I don't agree it was political. It was a reply to a post about a stay-at-home order protest. Why are you obsessed with me and what bothers me? If you don't like hearing you're breaking the site rules, then don't insult people and don't troll. Those are the 2 big things that will get you warnings and banned.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
No, I don't agree it was political. It was a reply to a post about a stay-at-home order protest. Why are you obsessed with me and what bothers me? If you don't like hearing you're breaking the site rules, then don't insult people and don't troll. Those are the 2 big things that will get you warnings and banned.
It had nothing to do with the virus, it was about two people clearly hating trump.

Looks like my job wants everyone to return once the SIP order is revoked, which to me sounds premature.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Random sampling reduces sampling bias. It is statistically impossible for random sampling to be more misleading than nonrandom sampling. If your data set isn't random by some deliberate measure, just add that qualifier to your conclusion. Any data does not have to be better than none; it can also have the same value as none. When misrepresented, then it can also be worse than none.
Random samples do reduce sampling bias, but that's it. Let's say you had figures for the entire population of the US; there are plenty of studies that have just that these days. Would you prefer a random sample to that? Not likely, though you might check the population figures against a randomized study or two just to be on the safe side. Or let's say you did an internet poll (Civiqs does these; I get pestered regularly) that ends up with 30 - 40K respondents, properly weighted for representativeness. Results from those usually don't vary from what you find with random samples. It's the old "quantity has it's own quality" business. Here's Angus Deaton on the subject:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277953617307359

But you are right about misrepresenting your findings. There's way too much of that.

Last edited:

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Everyone? Do they have a good plan in place to protect everyone?
Yes we are to maintain safe distances and sterilize areas regularly. Common areas are to be closed to gatherings. Look, I work in a building with about 400 people and have about 45 people in one room alone (big room, divided up in cubicles. The walkways are only 3 feet wide, you have to literally turn sideways when two people walk past each other. Worst part, we are a software development group not some manufacturing org that HAS to be in person and hands on.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Yes we are to maintain safe distances and sterilize areas regularly. Common areas are to be closed to gatherings. Look, I work in a building with about 400 people and have about 45 people in one room alone (big room, divided up in cubicles. The walkways are only 3 feet wide, you have to literally turn sideways when two people walk past each other. Worst part, we are a software development group not some manufacturing org that HAS to be in person and hands on.

Then your company is not following the directives of leaders and health officials. That sucks and I wouldn't want to go back in either. I also work for a software company and in a similar environment. I am prepared to be the last group of employees to get back to "normal". What and when ever that is.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see what the numbers are for New York and northern Italy. How close are those regions getting to herd immunity. Maybe once the second and third wave hit, they wont need the vacine.

Status
Not open for further replies.