Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_EE78

Banned
>finally some tidbits for us oldsters in decent health looking for stats
> sample is too small and doesn't cover enough age range or underlying conditions but its something
>this guy was on Ingraham last night
Dr. Smith has been treating coronavirus patients at the Smith Center fr Infectious Diseases and Urban Health in East Orange, New Jersey.

Dr. Smith revealed that in his treatment of coronavirus victims he has not seen a single patient under the age of 70 was not diabetic, pre-diabetic or obese. >> and thats a whopper of an obesity stat

dr.-smith-coronavirus-600x319.jpg

LibertyTurns

Banned
> sample is too small and doesn't cover enough age range or underlying conditions but its something
Dr. Smith has been treating coronavirus patients at the Smith Center fr Infectious Diseases and Urban Health in East Orange, New Jersey.

Dr. Smith revealed that in his treatment of coronavirus victims he has not seen a single patient under the age of 70 was not diabetic, pre-diabetic or obese. >> and thats a whopper of an obesity stat

Amazing stat.

Deleted member 2897

I mean, America is fat, so those are scary numbers.

Notice though that about 15%-ish weren’t. That’s one thing that continues to be confounding. My 36 year old cousin is a skinny, healthy corporate executive for Anhaeiser Busch and she STILL has a fever going into DAY SEVENTEEN.

GT_EE78

Banned
I mean, America is fat, so those are scary numbers.

Notice though that about 15%-ish weren’t. That’s one thing that continues to be confounding. My 36 year old cousin is a skinny, healthy corporate executive for Anhaeiser Busch and she STILL has a fever going into DAY SEVENTEEN.
that other 15% presumably had the same BMI.. heart disease,COPD/bronchitis and higgh blood pressure weren't covered in this . lotsa questions to go

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, this is from the FAQ for the COVID19 model from the University of Washington. It mentions that after the first wave ends they estimate 97% of the American public will still be susceptible.

Why do your estimates only go until July? Does that mean the outbreak will be over then?

Our model says that social distancing will likely lead to the end of the first wave of the epidemic by early June. The question of whether there will be a second wave of the epidemic will depend on what we do to avoid reintroducing COVID-19 into the population. By end the of the first wave of the epidemic, an estimated 97% of the population of the United States will still be susceptible to the disease, so avoiding reintroduction of COVID-19 through mass screening, contact tracing, and quarantine will be essential to avoid a second wave.

Deleted member 2897

almost 30K new cases today. a jump of nearly 4K from yesterday
1355 deaths in France ugh
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ scroll down for the spreadsheet

Yep, Europe is in really bad shape. Switzerland’s US-population equivalent cases is 750,000. The last “free to roam” country Sweden gets worse by the day. While it would be interesting to have them continue on, you can’t blame them if they lock things down like everyone else.

The Today Show called out South Carolina again today and a few other states for not having a stay at home order. We have been on that for 2 weeks, but it’s not called that. I don’t know why the governor hasn’t just said that so it’s official. Max gatherings of 3 people, social distancing, all non-essential businesses closed, recommended to stay home, any people coming from out of state should self quarantine for 14 days, all parks and fields are closed. The bigger issue is people don’t care. We can see one of the local main roads across the marsh/creek behind our house and it’s frequently heavy traffic. Police have had to break up some areas where people tried to get out and ended up too close to others doing the same.

Deleted member 2897

Lol Fauci is an imbecile, but the liberals love him and hang onto his every word.

Forgot a second thought, so I reply again. :D The CDC almost literally has 1 job. Apparently we’re about to recommend Americans wear face masks when they are out and about. How on earth when DISEASE CONTROL is their thing did they not know it might be something to recommend? If they had 1 million deaths as 1 of their possible scenarios, all options would have been on the table. Makes me wonder what that organization has been doing for the last few decades. Must be studying the sex habits of lizards. Too bad we didn’t get an outbreak of a reptile STD.

Deleted member 2897

Lol Fauci is an imbecile, but the liberals love him and hang onto his every word.

It’s pile on Dr Fauci day. :D Sorry, just remembered a third thought. Forgive me, I’m old. How does the CENTER...of DISEASE CONTROL not have exceptions for tests and trials and what-not during a pandemic? How is that helping control a disease when their first reaction was we need a year or more to certify and approve COVID-19 tests? It’s insane to me. We only started making progress on test volumes and trials when we broke them and got them out of the way. That’s crazy to me compared to what their charter is.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It’s pile on Dr Fauci day. :D Sorry, just remembered a third thought. Forgive me, I’m old. How does the CENTER...of DISEASE CONTROL not have exceptions for tests and trials and what-not during a pandemic? How is that helping control a disease when their first reaction was we need a year or more to certify and approve COVID-19 tests? It’s insane to me. We only started making progress on test volumes and trials when we broke them and got them out of the way. That’s crazy to me compared to what their charter is.

Large organizations=bureaucracy=inefficiency

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
More data fun.
Goggle has Comminuty Mobility Reports now available. They have them for most countries and for the US they have them for each state and each county within a state.
They measure change in activity from a baseline. % change in going to parks, going to grocery stores, going to pharmacies, etc.
https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

I'm going to disagree on the Dr. Fauci is an imbecile. He has worked with 5 American Presidents and is considered one of the foremost experts on Infectious diseases in the world. Been studying them since the 1980's.

Milwaukee

Banned
Just like hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc there’s always a couple people that need to go to jail for being despicable bastards. Here’s another one:

https://news.yahoo.com/u-officials-redistribute-protective-gear-185501065.html

Comments are great.

“The public was told we did not need the masks. This was a lie to protect the supply for hospitals and health care. We are treated like sheep.They had good intentions but they still lied.”

“So when is the FBI going after the pharmaceutical companies that are charging 10,000% over cost for medications?”

“But hospitals provide an N95 mask to a patient, the hospital will list the masks on patient's bills at a multiple-times price mark-up, so where does gouging begin or is there no legally defined percentage?”

“I’m not condoning what this guy is accused of, but does anyone else find it ironic that it’s perfectly acceptable for hospitals to mark up the same items by 700% or more?”

“So the hospital charging me $11 for an Ibuprofen isn't price gouging?”

“When you go to most hospitals they have at least a 1,000% markup on everything they give or prescribe patients. A $3 dollar bottle of aspirin for $50. A $2 roll of surgical tape for $20. A $50 x-ray for $800. Maybe the Feds are raiding the wrong place.”

“It's time for the FBI to look into the price gouging on the epipen ($35 to $500+ in just a few years).”

“That's funny. My rent's gone up 80% in the last 10 years but they haven't arrested my landlord yet!...”

“Now if they could just locate all the toilet paper and paper towels we'd have it made”

Status
Not open for further replies.