Cornell

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This shouldn’t even be a contest. I kinda wish we had someone more challenging scheduled….

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Totally agree! ... but at least you have made it more interesting by going on record with the "shouldn't even be a contest" jinx. Well Done.. now I will watch. (y)

@THWG spoke the truth. We seem to make most games too interesting. So these games should be boring. I'd like more boring games.

It'll be interesting to see starters, I expect Busse, Finateri, Patel like last week since Hall sort of said that in an interview. Hope Busse does better than any of his previous 4 starts for us; that start will be interesting.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Series became less interesting. I thought Hall said in opening day post game that Busse was fine and was just a bad start and said or implied Busse would start this week.

Oh well. Busse is a reliever and closer. That's how he was used in the Cape Cod league over the summer 0 ERA in 3.2 IP as I remember.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Series became less interesting. I thought Hall said in opening day post game that Busse was fine and was just a bad start and said or implied Busse would start this week.

Oh well. Busse is a reliever and closer. That's how he was used in the Cape Cod league over the summer 0 ERA in 3.2 IP as I remember.
Nuke, you should know by now not to take interviews as gospel! Similar to how you know a MLB GM is lying if his lips are moving, college head coaches are not far behind in this respect.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Careful what you wish for lol the season in earnest starts Tuesday night
I agree with you that our season schedule is plenty tough once we finish February.

I see that UGa hammered State 15-0 earlier this week. State has gotten off to a rough start, also losing 2 of 3 opening weekend to New Orleans. Hopefully we can handle Cornell and them in the next week. But then we get UGa, who has really looked impressive early. They are at 4-0, and none of their games have even been competitive. They have one of the top hitters in the country in Charlie Condon, and it looks like he has a good lineup around him.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
While our series shouldn't be interesting, this series will be and I will check in on it some.
1708697271985.png

Careful what you wish for lol the season in earnest starts Tuesday night

? Georgia State on Tuesday night *shouldn't* be that hard. A lot harder than Cornell and a lot easier than uGag. Season really starts with uGag, till then we have to win every game the guys get to play. This is a good time to sort the lineup. Outside of RPI considerations, I think this is a good way to start the season.

Here's Ga State's record so far, they were 100 RPI last year.
1708697545412.png

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
We seem to be making a habit of lighting up the scoreboard once we're deep enough into the bullpen. That works for teams like Cornell, and even Southern, but won't be a viable strategy against the big boys on our schedule.

Happy for the win, and excited we got some pitches in for the younger staff. But we need to settle down.