Conference Realignment

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for Linking the Article. I watched a large part of the ACC PM show today.

A couple of things that I noticed that the Swarm may be interested in.

Brent Key will be interviewed. He was shown as the last coach to be interviewed. Not sure if that will be tomorrow or Wednesday.

Charlie Backer (President of the NCAA) made a presentation to the members. No info was revealed concerning his comments.

Much of the discussion revolved around the National Perception of the ACC. I thought Jeff Capel made some pretty good comments concerning Basketball. His main thought was that the
ACC needs to ACT to make changes that will improve the image. One of those changes may be to reduce Conference Basketball games from 20 to 18.

As Mark Packer said in conclusion concerning Football, just win the important out of conference games. Plus, we need someone other than FSU and Clemson to win some of those games.

Just some general thoughts from those interviewed.
Calle and Packer are spot on!

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
I have attached the Chad Bishop article from the AJC. He was able to interview J Batt. Chad's impression is that GT is pretty committed to the ACC.

Attachments

• Conference stability, NIL among topics on table at ACC meetings.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
a very public campaign (media) that makes them, the Governor and the Legislature look disingenuous if they do not follow the same path as North Carolina and Virginia state governments.
Disingenuous to whom? All the hordes of UGA and SECheat fans throughout every corner of this state?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's ALL clickbait right now. There are daily interviews and speculation of who is going where by all these goobers in YouTube just saying the same thing over and over for view hits.
It IS entertaining, though. Sometimes they throw in a wild card to start talking about for ni real good reason other than to change it up - aka Kansas.
Thanks for shutting down the the Kansas to SEC misimformation. I fell for it because it seemed logical that SEC would firm up its coverage.
Guess i am wishfully thinking B1g would like a stske in the Atlanta area

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for Linking the Article. I watched a large part of the ACC PM show today.

A couple of things that I noticed that the Swarm may be interested in.

Brent Key will be interviewed. He was shown as the last coach to be interviewed. Not sure if that will be tomorrow or Wednesday.

Charlie Backer (President of the NCAA) made a presentation to the members. No info was revealed concerning his comments.

Much of the discussion revolved around the National Perception of the ACC. I thought Jeff Capel made some pretty good comments concerning Basketball. His main thought was that the
ACC needs to ACT to make changes that will improve the image. One of those changes may be to reduce Conference Basketball games from 20 to 18.

As Mark Packer said in conclusion concerning Football, just win the important out of conference games. Plus, we need someone other than FSU and Clemson to win some of those games.

Just some general thoughts from the show.
What is an “important” OOC game and who decides this? GT beat a good, but not great, UCF team in the Gasparilla Bowl.
In other news, Louisville beat Notre Dame, Wake beat Vandy (SEC) Miami beat TAMU (SEC) and Temple, BC beat SMU, UNC beat USCe (SEC) and Minnesota (B1G), and Syracuse beat Purdue (B1G). Do any of those count? Who says so or not?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
What is an “important” OOC game and who decides this? GT beat a good, but not great, UCF team in the Gasparilla Bowl.
In other news, Louisville beat Notre Dame, Wake beat Vandy (SEC) Miami beat TAMU (SEC) and Temple, BC beat SMU, UNC beat USCe (SEC) and Minnesota (B1G), and Syracuse beat Purdue (B1G). Do any of those count? Who says so or not?
Over the years the ACC has won plenty of these games. It didn't really help at all. The media will decide what matters and what doesn't irregardless of the outcome of games. Clemson went to the National Championship 4 times in 5 years winning two of them and it did nothing for the conference.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And FSU beating LSU was either important or it wasn’t 🤷‍♂️

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Enjoy GT's G5 future then. This fanbase is going to get f'd like it deserves.
Yep. Down to four. Mr G5 strikes again. I’d name call but I think everyone knows about you at this point.

Broken record spewing the same BS over and over and over. Not really sure if you’re a tech fan.

The Tech fan base is like ALL of Atlanta’s teams. Fair weather. Win and you’ll see people in the stands. Braves, Falcons and Hawks fans show up when they start winning. We will too. Guess you won’t be there. Oh well.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Over the years the ACC has won plenty of these games. It didn't really help at all. The media will decide what matters and what doesn't irregardless of the outcome of games. Clemson went to the National Championship 4 times in 5 years winning two of them and it did nothing for the conference.
This is my point. The media decides how much the ACC can make, just as the media decides how much the SECheat and B1G can make. All the posturing about resistance is a fool’s errand. We can’t even promote a positive narrative among ourselves.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This statement should scare the hell out of GT fans.....
If I'm Batt, I don't breath a word of anything but party line in that enviroment. We could be in deep discussions with another conference and if he's smart he says exactly what you read there. Don't say ANYTHING, speak quietly behind the scenes, and be prepared for whatever happens....

So, no...these comments don't concern me at all. They just prove Batt is smart enough to know when to keep his mouth shut.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If I'm Batt, I don't breath a word of anything but party line in that enviroment. We could be in deep discussions with another conference and if he's smart he says exactly what you read there. Don't say ANYTHING, speak quietly behind the scenes, and be prepared for whatever happens....

So, no...these comments don't concern me at all. They just prove Batt is smart enough to know when to keep his mouth shut.
Agree 💯%

If you are even just thinking about leaving the conference you make NO statement that comes even close to being interpreted that way.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

I was around him a weekend when he was making a decision on replacing TFG. He was very tight lipped and did not give any indication of who he was even interviewing. It is a good quality to have in his position. He is shaping up to be possibly our best AD since Homer Rice.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I was around him a weekend when he was making a decision on replacing TFG. He was very tight lipped and did not give any indication of who he was even interviewing. It is a good quality to have in his position. He is shaping up to be possibly our best AD since Homer Rice.

Batt didn't fire Collins. He was hired after Collins was fired.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Batt didn't fire Collins. He was hired after Collins was fired.
He had to decide who was he going to hire and he kept his mouth shut on who he was even interviewing. A good quality to have. It's hard to keep a lid on that sort of thing and there were some leaks (Fritz) but not from him. Stoudamire hire looks to be a hit as well and came out of the blue.